Read user comments about the side effects, benefits, and effectiveness of Xyzal oral.

1/15/2015 11:04:03 AM

Reviewer: jbailey84, 25-34 Female on Treatment for 2 to less than 5 years (Patient)

Comment:
    I have chronic idiopathic urticaria and at first this was the only medication that was effective at controlling my itching and hives. My body has become resistant to it over time, and I had to add 5mg cetrizine to the regimen. I take Xyzal and cetrizine once a day.

9/4/2014 4:36:23 PM

Reviewer: 19-24 Female on Treatment for 1 to 6 months (Patient)

Comment:
    Allergist prescribed this to me for my general allergies and because I would get hives from my cat. It worked perfectly, I could pick my cat up without hives! However, within 2 months of starting the medication I gained 5-6 pounds that I could not lose even with exercise.

3/10/2014 11:01:03 AM

Reviewer: tittletwo@aol.com, 55-64 Female (Patient)

Comment:
    took this some years ago but my doctor told me it was now OTC i can not find it at pharmaricies is it still prescription? I would love to still be able to take it for my allergies

6/10/2013 3:39:09 PM

Reviewer: marybush31, 35-44 Female on Treatment for 1 to 6 months (Patient)

Comment:
    I have been on it for over a month and have noticed no difference at all.

4/15/2013 6:02:51 PM

Reviewer: 19-24 Male on Treatment for 1 to 6 months (Patient)

Comment:
    I was on allergy shots for over 10 years. Ultimately these became a nuisance, were becoming expensive, and also stopped being effective. My doctor put me on Xyzal and I have been nothing but pleased by the results. With my insurance, it costs me around $10 a month and works like a charm. I havent taken it in around 4 days because I ran out, and I can already feel miserable. These are definitely a ... Show Full Comment