Find Information About:

Drugs & Supplements

Pill Identifier

Pill Identifier

Having trouble identifying your pills?

Get Started
My Medicine

My Medicine

Get Started

WebMD Health Experts and Community

• Second Opinion

Second Opinion

Read expert perspectives on popular health topics.

• Community

Community

Connect with people like you, and get expert guidance on living a healthy life.

Get Answers

Sign up to receive WebMD's award-winning content delivered to your inbox.

Read user comments about the side effects, benefits, and effectiveness of Bystolic oral.

2/16/2009 8:18:40 PM

Reviewer: bigblover, 35-44 Male on Treatment for less than 1 month (Patient)

Comment:
This medication did not help at all. My average B.P. was 145/95. I experienced various side effects such as headaches when I get up in the morning & sometimes through the day. I sometimes experienced shortness of breath. Most of all I did not like the issue of not getting / maintaining erections. Needless to say, my wife did not like that issue either. I would not recommend this medication.

2/16/2009 3:39:27 PM

Reviewer: punkey, 55-64 Female (Patient)

Comment:
I don't really know if it has worked, I monitor my blood pressure and most of times it's high I may take another 5mg as my doctor directed. but most of the times my blood pressure is high. I took toprol about 4 yrs ago since they took me off of that medication I have probable been on about 10 or more medications, and I still don't feel good.

2/15/2009 7:01:02 PM

Reviewer: greg, 35-44 Male on Treatment for 1 to 6 months (Patient)

Comment:
First went to the E.R., diagnosed with panic attack, BP was 201/107. Was started on toprol xl 75 mg. It works very well except for the side affect....lazy.... no drive to do anything. Told dr. about the toprol since I am a very active person in sports and only 40 years old I could not continue use. I was on this for about 4 months. He switched me over to Bystolic and it has made a world of differe ... Show Full Comment

2/10/2009 11:00:54 AM

Reviewer: 25-34 Female on Treatment for 6 months to less than 1 year (Patient)

Comment:
After having my first child my blood pressure went to 200/135. IV medication couldn't even bring it down. Once I started Bystolic it was down to normal again. I thank God that my Dr.finally found something that probably saved my life. I have no side effects either.

2/8/2009 3:58:26 PM

Reviewer: 35-44 Female on Treatment for 1 to 6 months (Patient)

Comment:
I'm back I made and entry of 11/27/08 (Indian dr.) I had to be weaned off of Bystolic couldn't take the weird spacey feeling any longer...I started getting MIGRAINES regulary and headaches daily. It was great at first then after two months I couldn't cut it any longer. PLEASE BE MINDFUL DO NOT STOP TAKING ON YOUR OWN YOU MUST HAVE DR. PERMISSION IT WILL/CAN CAUSE A HEART ATTACK. You ... Show Full Comment