Find Information About:

Drugs & Supplements

Pill Identifier

Pill Identifier

Having trouble identifying your pills?

Get Started
My Medicine

My Medicine

Get Started

WebMD Health Experts and Community

• Second Opinion

Second Opinion

Read expert perspectives on popular health topics.

• Community

Community

Connect with people like you, and get expert guidance on living a healthy life.

Get Answers

Sign up to receive WebMD's award-winning content delivered to your inbox.

Read user comments about the side effects, benefits, and effectiveness of Pristiq oral.

11/25/2008 1:38:00 PM

Reviewer: riggeroni, 45-54 Female on Treatment for 6 months to less than 1 year (Patient)

Comment:
I have benn on many antidepressants and this is the one that has really worked for me. So many of them do not treat my depression or I have become immune to them so the do not work at all. I have been very low at times, and have not had that happen with pristiq.

11/25/2008 8:57:35 AM

Reviewer: SMerced10455, 35-44 Female on Treatment for less than 1 month (Patient)

Comment:
I was taking Lexapro before and it didn't work with my depression and anxiety. My doctor changed it to Pristiq, the following day I felt with a lot of energy. I like it. I've been taking it over a week, but I'm getting these electric shocks in my head, is this one of the side effects? If anyone had the same side effect please let me know, in the meantime I'm gonna talk to my doctor ... Show Full Comment

11/25/2008 6:14:41 AM

Reviewer: itnavell, 45-54 Female on Treatment for 6 months to less than 1 year (Patient)

Comment:
When Pristiq was prescribed I was told it would not have severe withdrawal side effects in contrast to effexor, due to its formulation. After weeks of e.o.d. weaning I have not taken Pristiq for three days. I am experiencing dizziness, brain zaps, lack of balance, fogginess in my thinking, and some anxiety, restlessness and suicidal thoughts (which was never a problem, even when I was depressed a ... Show Full Comment

11/19/2008 10:09:06 AM

Reviewer: malta417, 55-64 Female on Treatment for less than 1 month (Patient)

Comment:
I had major side affects from this medication. Almost an extreme manic experience the first day I took it. It took 48 hours to pass the medication though my body. I am now back on Wellburtin and have been prescribed Deplin as a supplement. I feel very hopeful about Deplin, but have only starting taking the Folic supplement yesterday.

11/18/2008 10:26:21 PM

Reviewer: 35-44 Male on Treatment for less than 1 month (Patient)

Comment:
I was dong ok on another medication but once I started on this I felt like a new person.It made me fell like I never thought I would again.THANK YOU!!!