Find Information About:

Drugs & Supplements

Pill Identifier

Pill Identifier

Having trouble identifying your pills?

Get Started
My Medicine

My Medicine

Get Started

WebMD Health Experts and Community

• Second Opinion

Second Opinion

Read expert perspectives on popular health topics.

• Community

Community

Connect with people like you, and get expert guidance on living a healthy life.

Get Answers

Sign up to receive WebMD's award-winning content delivered to your inbox.

Read user comments about the side effects, benefits, and effectiveness of Cimzia subcutaneous.

4/1/2010 7:47:18 PM

Reviewer: tggatsby, 55-64 Female on Treatment for less than 1 month (Patient)

Comment:
I have had RA for 5 years (diagnosed); had allergic reactions to Remicade, but had pretty great success with Humira until about two months ago, then was switched to Enbrel and experienced no relief. Just started Cimzia, and have been on Methotrexate the entire time. Nothing really has changed, but this is my first & second dose only. I am really hopeful for pain relief and some relief from ov ... Show Full Comment

3/24/2010 12:22:26 PM

Reviewer: Charisma28, 25-34 Female on Treatment for 1 to 6 months (Patient)

Comment:
I recently completed my 1st treatment of Cimzia (2 shots 1, 2 & 4 week). I feel good. I do have brief morning stiffness of my hands in the morning but that's it. By the time I'm dressed and leaving for work I'm great. I have not experienced any swelling or joint pain since starting this drug. I have noticed small rashes on my arms and legs. Other than that I'm good. I've be ... Show Full Comment

1/19/2010 12:27:04 PM

Reviewer: Fish, 45-54 Female on Treatment for 1 to 6 months (Patient)

Comment:
Has not made me feel any better. Maybe even worse.

12/7/2009 12:13:19 AM

Reviewer: jessbee, 25-34 Female on Treatment for 1 to 6 months (Patient)

Comment:
I am writing a follow up review for this medication, I have had 3 injections of cimzia, and was feeling great, was able to come off methotrexate and then i was hospitalized for inflammation of my intestines. Dr. doesnt think it was related to cimzia but wanted to share this in case anyone else has a similar experience. Doing fine now and still on cimzia.

11/14/2009 11:21:07 PM

Reviewer: 19-24 Female on Treatment for 1 to 6 months (Patient)

Comment:
I tried DMARS and NSAIDs for awhile but kept having to use prednisone. I took a few months of this drug, but its finally working. My fatigue from the RA is almost completely gone. I do feel like a bus hit me the day after injections but its worth it. There is hardly no pain with the shots and very easy to give. No side effects so far