Read user comments about the side effects, benefits, and effectiveness of Gavilyte-C Oral.

5/13/2014 12:31:59 AM

Reviewer: bustamante, 25-34 Male on Treatment for less than 1 month (Patient)

Comment:
It is slow at working and will surprise you when it does.

5/5/2013 12:05:09 PM

Reviewer: 65-74 Female (Patient)

Comment:
this drug had a really bad effect on me.. not only did I go all night and in to the next morning.. I am still having problems with the bowel... and I can not get it to the Dr till Wed.. it has been 3 weeks and I am really having problems.. Not to say how bad it tasted and was hard to get down..

3/1/2013 12:42:02 PM

Reviewer: Barb, 65-74 Female on Treatment for less than 1 month (Patient)

Comment:
This was an extremely difficult drug to take. It smelled like plastic and when I read the label ingredients, it 60% polyethlene. I am worried about the long-term efficacy of this drug as I know polyethelene causes cancer, but I could not find anything regarding cancer and taking this medication on the internet...I could not take this drug in the time frame recommended. I was to drink 1/2 of the ... Show Full Comment

2/15/2013 1:49:19 AM

Reviewer: Ravereview, 19-24 Female on Treatment for less than 1 month (Patient)

Comment:
Awful experience to put it lightly. I have a grinding headache after consuming a little over half of the required gallon. The taste and consistency of GaviLyte are horrible and my mouth quivered every time I tried to swallow a mouthful as i tried not to vomit. Good luck to you and I hope you have a better and easier experience than I.

10/25/2012 10:19:13 PM

Reviewer: Maggie, 45-54 Female on Treatment for less than 1 month (Patient)

Comment:
My colonoscopy was in the afternoon. One week before I started a low-fiber diet...highly recommended! The day before the exam, I was on a clear liquid diet. At noon, I took 4 Dulcolax tablets. At 4:00 pm, I began drinking approx. one 8 oz glass of the Gavilyte-C (w/ lemon flavoring added) every 15 minutes, finishing half of the 4 liters. The remaining 2 liters were consumed the morning o ... Show Full Comment