Read user comments about the side effects, benefits, and effectiveness of Actemra IV.

4/13/2011 4:26:08 AM

Reviewer: Jenny, 25-34 Female on Treatment for 1 to 6 months (Patient)

Comment:
Hello, I have severe RA and was hospitalized for a month and could not walk at all and barely use my hands. My dr started me on 8mg/kg of Actemra. I have finished 5 infusions now. It was really after the 3rd infusion that I noticed a big difference. But still I was not happy and wanted better so my Dr put me back on MTX, a drug that has not worked out for me in the past due to nausea, but this t ... Show Full Comment

4/10/2011 7:01:08 PM

Reviewer: jamy34, 35-44 Female on Treatment for less than 1 month (Patient)

Comment:
I been on this for one month. Day after receiving treatment, my blood pressure went up, severe headaches, and numbness in fingers. Cancelled all appointments for further infusions of actemra.

3/31/2011 8:30:11 AM

Reviewer: gacowgirl, 55-64 Female on Treatment for 1 to less than 2 years (Patient)

Comment:
12 infusions. The abd distress is worsening. Week after infusion, there is nausea, headache, extreme fatigue. Gastritis and excess acidity, lower GI pain, variable IBS symptoms are tough. Preceeded by Enbrel and Humira. I take mtrx subq weekly but no nsaids. Tough commitment. Sed rate has improved but quality of life still to be determined. I wish there was another choice.

3/16/2011 4:28:07 PM

Reviewer: CC, 25-34 Female on Treatment for 1 to 6 months (Patient)

Comment:
I have been on this drug for the past 5 months after being on Remicade for last 8 years. I saw a great improvement with energy & flexibility after month 2 but that seems to be dissipating now. I have had SEVERE hair loss since starting this drug, as well.

3/12/2011 7:54:41 PM

Reviewer: Ann, 75 or over Female on Treatment for 1 to 6 months (Patient)

Comment:
I have taken it for 5 months and feel like I am much worse than when I started

highlighted areas of the brain
How well do you know yours?
mature woman with serious expression
What do you know?
Separate fact from fiction.