Read user comments about the side effects, benefits, and effectiveness of Actemra IV.

11/1/2012 2:59:13 PM

Reviewer: KIKIB, 35-44 Female on Treatment for 1 to 6 months (Patient)

Comment:
I have been on actemra for 4 months now with what seems like litle benefit but last week before my treatment I am in terrible pain and lots of swelling in my arms and hands. So it may be doing something but not enough. Ive been on remicade, orencia and humira and with and without MTX which provided either little relief or develoed severe allergic reactions.

10/17/2012 9:15:00 PM

Reviewer: snaptastic, 65-74 Female on Treatment for 1 to 6 months (Patient)

Comment:
I have been on this for only 3 months so im waiting for results.

9/28/2012 10:08:56 PM

Reviewer: raperson, 65-74 Female on Treatment for 2 to less than 5 years (Patient)

Comment:
I have just had my 25th infusion and am delighted with the results, because I have my life back! I do notice that the week before the infusion is due I am very well aware that the effectiveness has worn off. I have had a reduced dosage the last two infusions due to a slightly raised liver function test. I am hopeful of having a full dosage again next time.

8/6/2012 7:16:01 PM

Reviewer: 35-44 Female on Treatment for 1 to less than 2 years (Patient)

Comment:
I am 37 years old i have been on this medication for a year now its working for me I was scared at first i had GI problems the first 3 infusions but that has went away if I miss one infusion I feel all the pain worse than prior to using this med so if your on tis medication dont stop you will have terrible pain and stiffness and at that i was only a week late getting my infusion due to high blood ... Show Full Comment

6/15/2012 12:32:22 AM

Reviewer: pick, 65-74 Male on Treatment for 1 to less than 2 years (Patient)

Comment:
Been taking about one year, have no side effects other than if I get a cold it seems to take longer to rid, I believe it has helped quite a bit with mobility and swelling of joints. It does not seem to help me have any pain relief so I still take morphine for pain. I have found it works better with prednisone however other patients say it does relieve pain for them. It is a pain to have to go ever ... Show Full Comment