Read user comments about the side effects, benefits, and effectiveness of Tirosint Oral.

3/23/2015 4:32:08 PM

Reviewer: Kari, 35-44 Female on Treatment for 1 to 6 months (Patient)

Comment:
First time i stated to take medication for my hypothyroidism stated with 25mcg dosis and i felt great with more energy was really nice new experience and no side effects, then my doctor increased to 50mcg dosis then hell stated with high blood pressure, palpitations, swollen throat, cold sweating and very strong neck, arms, leg pain and swollen hands. Be careful with this drug, call your doctor a ... Show Full Comment

1/13/2015 3:19:47 PM

Reviewer: lreego, 45-54 Female on Treatment for 1 to 6 months (Patient)

Comment:
I started to have some heart palps after 12 years on Synthroid so my dr thought we should try Tirosint so see if maybe some of the other ingredients in Synthroid were what was bothering me. We started low at 25 mcg and worked up to 75 mcg but during that time. It started to work to bring my T4/T3 into line, but I also suffered from terrible back cramps, chest soreness, joint pain, nausea, dizzin ... Show Full Comment

9/2/2014 1:18:34 PM

Reviewer: dj, 55-64 Female on Treatment for 1 to less than 2 years (Patient)

Comment:
I was on Armour Thyroid but when the FDA forced the manufacturer to change the filler from potato (used for 40 years successfully) to corn, Armour no longer agreed with me. Unfortunately most if not all thyroid hormone replacement meds contain corn-based filler now. Tirosint has no fillers and I tolerate it very well. The only drawback in my opinion is the cost--nearly $100 per month.

7/26/2014 12:46:30 AM

Reviewer: Maddie, 45-54 Female on Treatment for 1 to less than 2 years (Patient)

Comment:
This has worked very well for treating my graves. I started at 3 times a week and upped it to 4 times a week. My thyroid levels have been great. At first the dose was once daily but it seems to work so efficiently that everday gave me hyper symptoms. Reduction in dose worked perfectly.

7/18/2014 11:59:32 AM

Reviewer: Good old Granny, 55-64 Female on Treatment for 1 to 6 months (Patient)

Comment:
I have been on synthroid tablets for twenty years - no side effects no problems. The pharmacy switched me to this (not my Dr.) and after taking it for a month I had diarrhea, headaches, muscle weakness, insomnia, brain fog, dizzy spells, leg cramps, stomach cramps joint pain, hair loss, and weight gain. It has been three weeks of this. I stopped taking it altogether and went to my doctor.

bloodstream
Tips to help prevent clots.
checking blood sugar
Symptoms, diagnosis and treatment.
Live and thrive.
gloved hand holding syringe
10 preventable diseases.
man eating meal
Folates, green tea and more.
Woman with stressed, fatigue
Get relief tips.
restroom sign
Food and drinks that make you go.
Understanding RA.