Read user comments about the side effects, benefits, and effectiveness of Tirosint Oral.

9/2/2014 1:18:34 PM

Reviewer: dj, 55-64 Female on Treatment for 1 to less than 2 years (Patient)

Comment:
I was on Armour Thyroid but when the FDA forced the manufacturer to change the filler from potato (used for 40 years successfully) to corn, Armour no longer agreed with me. Unfortunately most if not all thyroid hormone replacement meds contain corn-based filler now. Tirosint has no fillers and I tolerate it very well. The only drawback in my opinion is the cost--nearly $100 per month.

7/26/2014 12:46:30 AM

Reviewer: Maddie, 45-54 Female on Treatment for 1 to less than 2 years (Patient)

Comment:
This has worked very well for treating my graves. I started at 3 times a week and upped it to 4 times a week. My thyroid levels have been great. At first the dose was once daily but it seems to work so efficiently that everday gave me hyper symptoms. Reduction in dose worked perfectly.

7/18/2014 11:59:32 AM

Reviewer: Good old Granny, 55-64 Female on Treatment for 1 to 6 months (Patient)

Comment:
I have been on synthroid tablets for twenty years - no side effects no problems. The pharmacy switched me to this (not my Dr.) and after taking it for a month I had diarrhea, headaches, muscle weakness, insomnia, brain fog, dizzy spells, leg cramps, stomach cramps joint pain, hair loss, and weight gain. It has been three weeks of this. I stopped taking it altogether and went to my doctor.

4/7/2014 7:35:23 PM

Reviewer: Laura, 35-44 Female on Treatment for 1 to 6 months (Patient)

Comment:
I felt better at first, but after a month, I felt disoriented and had extremely dry, sore eyes. Difficulty concentrating.

3/31/2014 5:33:07 PM

Reviewer: Laura, 35-44 Female on Treatment for 1 to 6 months (Patient)

Comment:
I'm still not sure if Tirosint will work for me. At first, I felt better...more energy and lost weight. However, I developed heart palps and anxiety at 100mcg (after 5 days) and also at 88mcg (after 1 week). I also felt extremely disoriented at each dose. I am now on 75mcg (for about 1 month) and no longer have anxiety or heart palps. However, my eyes are dry and sore. An eye doc told me I hav ... Show Full Comment

Heart-Shaped Fried Egg
Can you benefit from them?
How to make the best choices for you.
Adult man lying awake in bed
How to recognize them.
smiling woman
Fight the effects of getting older.
chicken and veggie kabobs
What are you eating tonight?