Read user comments about the side effects, benefits, and effectiveness of Prolia subQ.

1/29/2015 8:25:22 AM

Reviewer: Dee24, 55-64 Female on Treatment for 2 to less than 5 years (Patient)

Comment:
Since I started taking this six-monthly shot, my osteoporosis has decreased from medium risk to low risk. I had tried some oral medication before taking Prolia 60 mg subcutaneous but they did not work for me.

1/22/2015 9:08:22 PM

Reviewer: DS, Female on Treatment for 6 months to less than 1 year (Patient)

Comment:
Swollen lips day after injection followed by terrible inflammation on face, eyes and other areas of body. Needed to be on prednisone for 8 mos. to control reaction. Took a year for symptoms to subside. Still have lingering side effects after almost 2 years from first (and only) injection. Definitely would NOT recommend Prolia.

1/7/2015 12:25:27 PM

Reviewer: Kelly1000, 55-64 Female on Treatment for less than 1 month (Patient)

Comment:
I have Chronic Migraine and after the 4th day I began the worst migraine that lasted 5 days. I went to the Er and the following day to outpatient for more drugs. Nothing would help. I would research this carefully before taking and will update this if I have more issues.

12/23/2014 3:52:29 PM

Reviewer: summer, 55-64 Female on Treatment for 6 months to less than 1 year (Caregiver)

Comment:
Perhaps it's time to share our Prolia experience with the National Osteoporosis Foundation? In the least, they will have documentation of people having side effects. Amgen reports three year bone density average is Spine 8.8% and hips 6.4%. In six months (one and only Prolia shot) Increase in bone density spine 9.9% and hips 6.0%. Since I was in such pain, I asked for a DEXA scan to revi ... Show Full Comment

12/7/2014 5:57:17 PM

Reviewer: alwayshopeful, 45-54 Female on Treatment for 1 to 6 months (Patient)

Comment:
After reading 400 reviews I was terrified to try this drug knowing that it would be in my system for 6 months. I have a hard time tolerating medicine. I usually quit before I finish. I also have a hard time swallowing so this was a good option. I decided to try and hope for the best. To my surprise it is now 2 months after my shot. It was easy to get the shot and I have not had any side effects ... Show Full Comment

bloodstream
Tips to help prevent clots.
checking blood sugar
Symptoms, diagnosis and treatment.
Live and thrive.
gloved hand holding syringe
10 preventable diseases.
man eating meal
Folates, green tea and more.
Woman with stressed, fatigue
Get relief tips.
restroom sign
Food and drinks that make you go.
Understanding RA.