Read user comments about the side effects, benefits, and effectiveness of Gilenya oral.

3/20/2011 9:25:21 PM

Reviewer: jtajima, 25-34 Female on Treatment for less than 1 month (Patient)

Comment:
I was extremely sensitive to the side effects of the other MS medications. Gilenya is by far the best! I only get slight headaches and slight muscle tension but nothing like I had with Beta-Seron, Rebif, or Copaxone. I feel 100% better on this drug compared to the 3 previously mentioned. My eyes are slightly more sensitive to light but I have not experienced any other symptoms.

3/16/2011 4:35:44 PM

Reviewer: DLS, 45-54 Female on Treatment for 1 to 6 months (Patient)

Comment:
I have been on Gilenya for a month now and two weeks ago I started noticing side effects: tremors, light headed, swelling in my throat, nauseous and my heart is pounding heavy. I have called my Gilenya support nurse and she recommended calling my doctor right away. I hope everything will be ok because I don’t want to have to go back on Avonex and weekly shots.

3/2/2011 10:21:31 AM

Reviewer: 19-24 Female on Treatment for 1 to 6 months (Patient)

Comment:
This medication was the last medication left to try for me. I've been on all of the other therapy medication's. By far Gilenya has made a difference. I no longer have to give myself shots. That means no more bruies!!!! I am very satisfied with the outcome of this medication.

2/23/2011 7:34:13 AM

Reviewer: English teach, 35-44 Female on Treatment for 1 to 6 months (Patient)

Comment:
This is so much better than injections! I have been waiting 11 years for this, but if my insurance doesn't cover the costs, then it'll be back to the shot for me. I couldn't believe the cost per month when I saw it!

2/19/2011 9:21:19 PM

Reviewer: dawg49, 45-54 Male on Treatment for less than 1 month (Patient)

Comment:
Waited 11 years for last Wednesday, the day I started taking Gilenya. Only issue so far is mini headaches that stay for a few minutes and go away.....NO MORE NEEDLES!!!!