Find Information About:

Drugs & Supplements

Pill Identifier

Pill Identifier

Having trouble identifying your pills?

Get Started
My Medicine

My Medicine

Get Started

WebMD Health Experts and Community

• Second Opinion

Second Opinion

Read expert perspectives on popular health topics.

• Community

Community

Connect with people like you, and get expert guidance on living a healthy life.

Get Answers

Sign up to receive WebMD's award-winning content delivered to your inbox.

Read user comments about the side effects, benefits, and effectiveness of Gilenya oral.

5/11/2015 5:31:52 AM

Reviewer: Fee, 45-54 Female on Treatment for 1 to 6 months (Patient)

Comment:
Im not sure with Gilenya as I have more symptoms and not sure if its MS or the drug! I have lower back pain and down the Left leg numbness chest area which I didnt have starting this drug.My numbness right side of my head has gone which is good. I have a MRI shortly on brain and spine to compare with last year and see Neuro which will be interesting.

3/11/2015 7:31:00 PM

Reviewer: jerry1, 55-64 Female on Treatment for 1 to 6 months (Patient)

Comment:
HORRIBLE SIDE EFFECTS: starting the first month: cough, brief headaches daily, loss of balance, muscle cramps in leg and arm that were already weakened by secondary progressive relapsing MS. By fifth month: Worst 2 day pain ever in every muscle and joint of my body, falling every other day, seeing things moving that weren't moving, blurred vision, sore throat, hair loss, dry skin forgetting w ... Show Full Comment

2/16/2015 4:14:59 PM

Reviewer: Rachel, 45-54 Female on Treatment for less than 1 month (Patient)

Comment:
Took Gilenya for 12 days and experienced several serious side effects and an onset of the disease it's meant to protect you from, MS. My symptoms included, dizziness, vertigo, balance issues, upset stomach, weakness and tiredness, heart palpation s and chest tightness,diarrhea, light sensitivity and headaches. When I stopped taking Gilenya these symptoms left after a couple of days but was l ... Show Full Comment

2/3/2015 1:02:52 PM

Reviewer: 25-34 Female on Treatment for 1 to 6 months (Patient)

Comment:
I’m 26 years old and I was diagnosed with MS about a year and a half ago. I’m very asymptomatic, this means my symptoms may go unnoticed. Weakness in my legs and arms, and lack of sensitivity in my face are included on the symptoms I felt. 4 months ago I started the Gilenya treatment, the one and only drug I have ever taken for MS. At the same time, I started taking an orthomolecular treatment (bi ... Show Full Comment

1/24/2015 2:05:55 AM

Reviewer: MommiZ, 25-34 Female on Treatment for 1 to less than 2 years (Patient)

Comment:
I have been taking Gilenya for a year now. I have a very stressful job and would have a relapse about every 3 months. I have not had a relapse with Gilenya. I feel like my old self. I definitely don't feel 100% if I forget to take the pill. I feel a bit off. So I make every effort to take it every day.