Find Information About:

Drugs & Supplements

Pill Identifier

Pill Identifier

Having trouble identifying your pills?

Get Started
My Medicine

My Medicine

Get Started

WebMD Health Experts and Community

• Second Opinion

Second Opinion

Read expert perspectives on popular health topics.

• Community

Community

Connect with people like you, and get expert guidance on living a healthy life.

Get Answers

Sign up to receive WebMD's award-winning content delivered to your inbox.

Read user comments about the side effects, benefits, and effectiveness of Generess Fe oral.

10/17/2012 5:08:49 PM

Reviewer: 25-34 Female on Treatment for 6 months to less than 1 year (Patient)

Comment:
Experienced several side effects - significant weight gain (I eat healthy and work out 6 days/week), acne (cleared up for a while, then got much worse), my leg hair started growing at 2 or 3 times the rate it previously grew (weird), and worst of all, I have NO sexual desire WHATSOEVER. I thought it would all get better, but it's only gotten worse. I hate it and have an appointment with my d ... Show Full Comment

10/15/2012 6:08:11 PM

Reviewer: momof3, 25-34 Female on Treatment for 1 to 6 months (Patient)

Comment:
I have had all the symptoms. Breast tenderness,spotting in the middle of the month, mood swings, acne. I am going to call my dr and get switched to something else. Not satisfied with this pill.

10/14/2012 7:17:10 PM

Reviewer: Female on Treatment for 2 to less than 5 years (Patient)

Comment:
I was on the pill Loestrin FE for 5 years when I started spotting irregularly. My doc switched me to the Generess 18 months ago and so far I love it! I only get a period once every 3 months that only lasts a couple days at most. The only adverse effect is breast tenderness occasionally. Which I would have to deal with every month anyway if I were not on the pill.

10/7/2012 9:27:38 PM

Reviewer: 19-24 Female on Treatment for 1 to 6 months (Patient)

Comment:
I love absolutely everything about this birth control except it makes me extremely angry. It has turned me into a monster! I'm so angry all the time, and I completely flip out over small stuff, its terrible! It would be the perfect birth control if it didn't do that to me :(

10/5/2012 12:41:48 PM

Reviewer: 19-24 Female on Treatment for 1 to 6 months (Patient)

Comment:
I have been taking this for two months now. The first month was extremely rough. I cried alot and felt like I was lost, falling apart. BUT if you can make it through the depression, anxiety, nausea, and mood swings- it gets better! On my second month i'm feeling much, much better! Lightest periods that I've ever had and no "after-math", like i had on Yaz. My periods last 4 days a ... Show Full Comment