Read user comments about the side effects, benefits, and effectiveness of Altavera (28) Oral.

6/29/2014 5:04:38 PM

Reviewer: shellyrobinson4, 25-34 Female on Treatment for 6 months to less than 1 year (Patient)

Comment:
I am a healthy, active 25 year old who has never smoked. I was put on Altavera approximately 7 months ago. Last week I experienced intense pain in my calf. I went to immediate care and the doctor told me it was most likely a pulled muscle. However, the doctor ordered an ultrasound to be on the safe side. I have a blood clot in my leg from Altavera. I am on blood thinners. I am lucky it was ... Show Full Comment

5/18/2014 9:33:38 PM

Reviewer: notfooled, 19-24 Female on Treatment for 1 to 6 months (Patient)

Comment:
Horrible experience on AltaVera. I had nosebleeds and migraines, neither of which I ever experienced before. Horrible mood swings, which is also not normal for me. I felt out of control of my emotions. I didn't gain any weight (I run regularly). Bloating, cramps, and 2-3 week regular-heavy periods every month. Never again!

2/24/2014 3:35:47 PM

Reviewer: 25-34 Female on Treatment for 1 to 6 months (Patient)

Comment:
I was put onto Altavera because my pharmacy did not have my normal BC pill, Portia. I could tell something was off within the first few days. I didn't feel well (nausea and tired) and was having horrible mood swings (severe depression and anger). I switched to a different pill this month (levora, I think) and everything seems to be better. Be warned about the mood swings on Altavera!

12/3/2013 3:50:52 PM

Reviewer: Mayjune87, 25-34 Female on Treatment for 1 to 6 months (Patient)

Comment:
Going on my 6th month with this, I am very happy with it. There was a bit of spotting in the first month, but afterwards it has been a non-issue. My menstrual cycle is on time, no bloating or weight gain like I had with Lo Loestrin Fe (the only other pill I've tried). Acne is minimal; I get a couple breakouts on my jawline, but I've always had bad acne and am taking medication for it.

10/1/2013 10:53:03 PM

Reviewer: leighmers , 19-24 Female on Treatment for 1 to 6 months (Patient)

Comment:
I was a complete mess when I was on this. I switched from Sprintec because it wasn't making my periods light enough. Altavera definitely made them lighter, but I was a complete wreck the entire week of the white pills. I also gained 15 pounds. Since switching back to Sprintec I have already began to lose the weight. I was on it for about 6 months.