Find Information About:

Drugs & Supplements

Pill Identifier

Pill Identifier

Having trouble identifying your pills?

Get Started
My Medicine

My Medicine

Get Started

WebMD Health Experts and Community

• Second Opinion

Second Opinion

Read expert perspectives on popular health topics.

• Community

Community

Connect with people like you, and get expert guidance on living a healthy life.

Get Answers

Sign up to receive WebMD's award-winning content delivered to your inbox.

Read user comments about the side effects, benefits, and effectiveness of Loryna 28 oral.

4/19/2013 5:42:06 PM

Reviewer: Pir8RN, 19-24 Female on Treatment for 1 to 6 months (Patient)

Comment:
I too was on Gianvi and my pharmacy switched me. I have gained 12 lbs in the past 2 months, had bad cramps, and recently I've been having uncontrollable constant back pain. Not sure if its just related weight gain or what.

4/12/2013 9:53:58 PM

Reviewer: catecools, 19-24 Female on Treatment for 1 to 6 months (Patient)

Comment:
I've been using Yaz for years now, with no problems, no side effects, and extremely regular and light periods. When I switched insurance and Yaz was going to cost me $80, I opted for generic. WORST MISTAKE EVER. On the first month of the pills I had spotting the ENTIRE month. And not only that but I've been having terrible mood swings and anxiety. My boyfriend and I never used to fight and ... Show Full Comment

4/1/2013 9:31:59 PM

Reviewer: 19-24 Female on Treatment for 1 to less than 2 years (Patient)

Comment:
This birth control was the worst one i have ever been on. i am so happy that i read these reviews about it because i feel so much better about myself, that i am not the only one! gained weight, feel bad about myself, am lazy and always hungry. i don't feel like myself. stopping it tomorrow!

3/25/2013 1:55:34 PM

Reviewer: Stefani, 19-24 Female on Treatment for 1 to 6 months (Patient)

Comment:
I have never in my life written a review on anything but I feel so strongly about this drug I feel others should be warned. I was on Gianvi for 2 years and loved it, I meet experienced any side effects from it. My pharmacy switched the Gianvi to loryna and told me it was the same thing but ITS NOT! I've been on it for a couple of months and since starting I've gained 7 lbs and have gotten ... Show Full Comment

3/13/2013 9:53:50 PM

Reviewer: Pah, 45-54 Female on Treatment for 1 to less than 2 years (Patient)

Comment:
I was on Giavani,then my insurance company just switched me to Loryna. I have taken it for 19 months, and I have now connected it to my stomach and intestinal problems. For the last 3 months, I get horrible stomach problems, distended abdomen and severe pain. And I have connected it to the first week of the pills. When I start a new pack, about 6 days later I get horribly sick with gastrointesti ... Show Full Comment