Find Information About:

Drugs & Supplements

Pill Identifier

Pill Identifier

Having trouble identifying your pills?

Get Started
My Medicine

My Medicine

Get Started

WebMD Health Experts and Community

• Second Opinion

Second Opinion

Read expert perspectives on popular health topics.

• Community

Community

Connect with people like you, and get expert guidance on living a healthy life.

Get Answers

Sign up to receive WebMD's award-winning content delivered to your inbox.

Read user comments about the side effects, benefits, and effectiveness of Xarelto oral.

11/5/2015 1:15:21 AM

Reviewer: sassyfilly, 65-74 Female on Treatment for 2 to less than 5 years (Patient)

Comment:
I checked 5 stars satisfaction because I have been on this drug over 3 years and no blood clot or stroke. BUT in these 3 years I have horific back pain on standing which I just thought was due to old auto injuries. Also my teeth are getting cavities and breaking off and now need pulling. My doctor wont let me stop the xarelto because I keep having episodes of a-fib. I am taking other meds to contr ... Show Full Comment

10/17/2015 8:33:09 AM

Reviewer: Poppy, 55-64 Male on Treatment for less than 1 month (Patient)

Comment:
After two weeks on Xarelto 20 mg I started to get very painful headaches everyday and extreme shoulder and arm pain. Don't know if it's the Xarelto or not. I will wait one more week before I see the doctor and get blood work. Worried !

8/25/2015 8:19:00 AM

Reviewer: 55-64 Male on Treatment for 1 to less than 2 years (Patient)

Comment:
This drug thins the blood, but also causes extreme joint pains. My hips, shoulders, back, and legs were in constant pain. For me the pain came on slowly after a period of taking this drug for about three months. I had taken this drug for a little over a year. I recently switched to warafin and as soon as I did the pain went away. If you are taking this drug with no problem great. But if you are ex ... Show Full Comment

4/28/2015 8:22:59 PM

Reviewer: violet, 55-64 Female on Treatment for 1 to 6 months (Patient)

Comment:
I had been on Xarelto 20mg once a day since after my ablation December 2014. My left knee has been in pain, sometimes loss my strenth & constipation problem since I took Xarelto. I asked to doctor if he can stop Zarelto but he said to wait for a while. Hopefully he will discontinue for the next visit.

1/11/2015 6:11:06 AM

Reviewer: bigdig36, 75 or over Male on Treatment for 1 to less than 2 years (Patient)

Comment:
I switched from warfaren to Xeralta in mar 2013. I began having pain in my thighs July, I did not have any idea what the cause was. The pain moved around and got worse until Nov 2014 where I switched back to Warfaren, things continued to get worse until Dec 30, the doctor called an ambulance and off to the hospital screaming in pain in legs, hip and back. I just got out yesterday (jan 11,2015). It ... Show Full Comment