Read user comments about the side effects, benefits, and effectiveness of Amethia oral.

11/12/2013 3:33:05 PM

Reviewer: 19-24 Female on Treatment for 6 months to less than 1 year (Patient)

Comment:
    still had monthly periods (took pill for 9 months before getting rid of them). Depression, mood swings, irritability, cramps, breakouts. TERRIBLE! I did not have this problem with seasonique.

11/10/2013 4:49:13 PM

Reviewer: Mary, 19-24 Female on Treatment for 1 to 6 months (Patient)

Comment:
    I started taking Amethia about three months ago. No mood swings, headaches, or weight gain. My only complaint would be breast tenderness that lasted only the first month. Still having regular periods, but they are shorter and lighter. Has also helped prevent acne.

10/17/2013 11:12:03 PM

Reviewer: 19-24 Female on Treatment for 1 to 6 months (Patient)

Comment:
    I was on Seasonique for over a year and then my pharmacy switched me to Amethia. WORST BC PILL EVER. If your pharmacy gives it to you, hand it back before even leaving. I've been on different BC pills for nearly 6 years & have never had any problems until now. I started spotting around week 8, which turned into light bleeding weeks 9-11 and now I'm on my "off week" when I get ... Show Full Comment

8/1/2013 3:25:51 PM

Reviewer: tray78, 25-34 Female on Treatment for 2 to less than 5 years (Patient)

Comment:
    I have been taking this contraceptive for over 2 years now and I have never been more satisfied with a pill. I have taken a few different brands and I am the happiest with this one. I spotted the first month or two and then BARELY had a period every 3 months since.

8/1/2013 1:15:20 PM

Reviewer: K.Harrison, 19-24 Female on Treatment for 1 to 6 months (Patient)

Comment:
    I did not experience any spotting with Amethia (which shocked me since Mirena made me spot constantly). The only major side effect I noticed was that my acne flaired up, worse than when I went through puberty. I went today to see my NP and she said the higher levels of testosterone leads to this side effect. I did not gain weight or experience mood swings. I decided to switch because the acne was ... Show Full Comment