Read user comments about the side effects, benefits, and effectiveness of Nexplanon sdrm.

10/10/2013 3:08:49 AM

Reviewer: 19-24 Female on Treatment for 1 to less than 2 years (Patient)

Comment:
The nexplanon does work to prevent pregnancy but the menstral bleeding is terrible. I started bleeding a month after it was put in. I have been on it for over a year and a half now and have been bleeding almost the entire time. Not all women bleed while on nexplanon but it has been horrible for me personally. My libido is so much lower that I very rarely want intercourse and it has caused mood swi ... Show Full Comment

10/8/2013 2:51:42 PM

Reviewer: abc123, 25-34 Female on Treatment for 1 to 6 months (Patient)

Comment:
Horrible mood swings. Feeling down or depressed often for no reason. No periods. Acne. Weight gain. Low to zero sex drive. I wouldn't recommend it too anyone!

10/7/2013 11:10:35 AM

Reviewer: dontsignmeup, 25-34 Female on Treatment for 1 to less than 2 years (Patient)

Comment:
I read a lot of research before having the Nexplanon inserted, knowing the results would be all across the board for bleeding. I swore i would give it a year and was VERY hopeful because the insertion was no big deal. kinda cool actually! The birth control is 'fool proof' because it eliminates human error bring 'in the body' already, which i love. Here are my physiological results ... Show Full Comment

10/3/2013 10:30:49 AM

Reviewer: Tennessee, 19-24 Female on Treatment for 2 to less than 5 years (Patient)

Comment:
I've had my insert for 3 years and have just recently had it removed and replaced. The first three years, I had NO problems with it whatsoever. My skin became more sensitive to irritation and I basically stopped having a period, but that was it. Recently, I'm feeling more hormonal, but I'm wondering if that is because this is my second implant. I have loved this birth control!

10/2/2013 1:43:10 AM

Reviewer: 19-24 Female on Treatment for 1 to less than 2 years (Patient)

Comment:
I have had nexplanon for a year now. I have gotten bad acne and the spotting/bleeding NEVER STOPS. I am spotting more than I am not. I have gone to get it taken out three times and each time the doctor convinces me to keep it in because of its effectiveness. I am not sure how much longer I can take it. I can tell it has also affected my moods and made me more emotional than usual also.