Read user comments about the side effects, benefits, and effectiveness of Nexplanon subdermal.

6/23/2016 3:38:51 PM

Reviewer: 19-24 on Treatment for 1 to 6 months (Patient)

Comment:
    I only had this implant in for about 2 months and they were the worst two months I could've imagined. I got severe depression and anxiety. This implant turned me into a totally new person. My friends, boyfriend, coworkers all noticed in just this short time. The worst side effect was that my hair started falling out. I had bald spots. I had no problems getting the implant put in, but taking it ... Show Full Comment

6/19/2016 4:41:47 AM

Reviewer: 25-34 on Treatment for 1 to less than 2 years (Patient)

Comment:
    I chose this after giving birth. I was not made aware of the side effects by my obgyn. I was noticeably different in mood and overwhelmed with anxietymost all the time. At my 1.5year mark with the implant I began having extreme bone and joint pain in my wrist, so much that initially I thought I fractured my arm. Now just 6months later both wrists hurt daily. I can barely pick my daughter up anymo ... Show Full Comment

6/15/2016 1:11:18 PM

Reviewer: Cassie, 19-24 Female on Treatment for 1 to 6 months (Patient)

Comment:
    Excessive bleeding and spotting is not worth it to me. Headaches and horrible abdominal pain that I've never had with a regular period. I've had it going on four months and I'm getting it removed this afternoon.

6/10/2016 12:03:05 AM

Reviewer: Michelle, 19-24 Female on Treatment for 2 to less than 5 years (Patient)

Comment:
    I HATED this birth control. Yes, it was easy to use and effective (no pregnancies), but I bled or spotted three weeks out of the month for the TWO years I had the nexplanon. Sex life suffered. I also think the Nexplanon caused more cystic acne on my face.

6/8/2016 4:38:48 PM

Reviewer: 19-24 Female on Treatment for 1 to less than 2 years (Patient)

Comment:
    This birth control is very good at keeping you from getting pregnant but the side affects aren't worth it!! Horrible mood swings, panic attack, bleeding for long periods of time and I gained 70 pounds!