Find Information About:

Drugs & Supplements

Pill Identifier

Pill Identifier

Having trouble identifying your pills?

Get Started
My Medicine

My Medicine

Get Started

WebMD Health Experts and Community

• Second Opinion

Second Opinion

Read expert perspectives on popular health topics.

• Community

Community

Connect with people like you, and get expert guidance on living a healthy life.

Get Answers

Sign up to receive WebMD's award-winning content delivered to your inbox.

Read user comments about the side effects, benefits, and effectiveness of Victoza 2-Pak subcutaneous.

8/9/2015 12:15:47 PM

Reviewer: Macgregorlass, 45-54 Female on Treatment for less than 1 month (Patient)

Comment:
Let me first say that I just started this medication and am still on the starter dose of 0.6, but already I can feel my cravings and desire to eat subsiding. I have had some intermittent nausea but it's mild and tolerable. Only other side offect was a mild headache and my fasting blood sugar was 77 this morning. 77! I am also on Invokana and Glipizide and without the Victoza my sugars were ... Show Full Comment

5/12/2015 11:59:38 AM

Reviewer: Jane, 65-74 Female on Treatment for 2 to less than 5 years (Patient)

Comment:
After two years of taking Victoza, my blood sugar came down from 7.0 to 5.7 A1C, and I've lost 30 pounds. I'm thrilled! Also, using Reli-On 4 MM/32Gauge pen needles from Walmart. Much more comfortable than the BD needles. All I'm not too happy with is the cost of Victoza.

4/17/2015 11:48:02 PM

Reviewer: womanofthewolves, 45-54 Female on Treatment for 1 to 6 months (Patient)

Comment:
My levels are excellent and for the first time in years my weight is going down!!! Taking this has been the best decision in a long time.

4/7/2015 1:11:37 PM

Reviewer: 55-64 Female on Treatment for 1 to 6 months (Patient)

Comment:
I would highly recommend this product to others. I had an upset stomach when first prescribed but that only lasted a couple of weeks. In 5 months I have lowered my A1C from 7.0 to 5.8. I have lost 16 lbs. I have more energy and feel great. I take with 2x/day Metformin. I exercise daily and eat a reasonably healthy diet.

11/7/2014 2:06:03 PM

Reviewer: WEHOck, 45-54 Male on Treatment for 1 to 6 months (Patient)

Comment:
WOW, tremendous reduction in daily sugar readings. Was at 300+ everyday. I took the wrong dose for 4 weeks taking 3 times per day even during the ramp up. Was told to go to once per day and the med will last longer without refills. My numbers are now 85 to 97 fasted and jump to 127 after meals. I have also lost some weight due to less appetite. It will be interesting to see if the proper dose 1.8 ... Show Full Comment