Read user comments about the side effects, benefits, and effectiveness of Tecfidera oral.

11/13/2013 10:02:15 PM

Reviewer: 35-44 Female on Treatment for 1 to 6 months (Patient)

Comment:
I was concerned about side effects before taking this, but have not had any! I have been taking this for 4 months and I have always taken it with food.

11/13/2013 11:14:32 AM

Reviewer: Cramden, 35-44 Male on Treatment for 1 to 6 months (Patient)

Comment:
I'm am newly diagnosed but with symptoms present for the past decade. For various reasons, my neuro and I decided on Tecfidera, despite the "newness" of this drug (which does make me a little nervous). My experience has been nothing but positive: a little flushing on the arms the first day, since then no major side effects. I do experience slight constipation and runny nose, but t ... Show Full Comment

11/11/2013 1:59:12 PM

Reviewer: Robin, 35-44 Female on Treatment for 1 to 6 months (Patient)

Comment:
Aside from the flushing which includes a red, sunburn looked face and a burning head I am very happy with this medication. The flushing doesn't always happen and it is not always right away. It lasts anywhere from 5 to 10 minutes for me. It is so much easier than daily shots or monthly infusions.

11/8/2013 11:14:58 PM

Reviewer: Ocean , 35-44 Male on Treatment for 1 to 6 months (Patient)

Comment:
I have been on Tecfidera for 5 months. Flushing lasts 20 minutes. Probably get it every 5 times I take the pill. No GI problems ever. Runny nose for about 2 minutes after taking the pill. Energy increased. Appetite increased. MS symptoms have subsided. For me this pill is 1000X better than Rebif and Copaxone. Also the psychological benefits from not injecting myself are great!

11/7/2013 1:04:38 AM

Reviewer: Christyn, 35-44 Female on Treatment for 1 to 6 months (Patient)

Comment:
I had the flushing around 30 minutes after taking the med and it looked like I had a sunburn and I was on it about 5 months and it didn't subside. I had a sore throat which started after starting the med that wouldn't go away which lead to me having to have an EGD. I am on 2 stomach meds already. I was then referred to ENT for a laryngoscopy to further evaluate my throat. Sore throat isn&# ... Show Full Comment

How to keep flares at bay.
spinal compression fracture