Read user comments about the side effects, benefits, and effectiveness of Remicade IV.

1/18/2008 4:16:50 PM

Reviewer: Female on Treatment for 1 to 6 months (Patient)

Comment:
11 or 12 days after my first infusion, I developed a lacey rash on my body-Dr wasn't sure if it was related to the drug or not. The evening after my second infusion, I had a fever and the chills and nausea. My joints feel a little better, but these side effects are very difficult. My doctor wants me to try it 1 more time to see what happens. I hope it works, and I can continue with it, as ... Show Full Comment

1/16/2008 9:48:07 PM

Reviewer: Kelli, 35-44 Female on Treatment for less than 1 month (Patient)

Comment:
I'm one of the rare ones....took my first infusion in Sept. and 1 week later ended up in the ER where I stopped breathing and spent the next 6 days in the ICU. As I understand it, the belief is that I had a reaction to the mouse protein in the Remicade.

1/9/2008 3:33:15 PM

Reviewer: whatcamefirst, 65-74 Male on Treatment for 1 to 6 months (Patient)

Comment:
Treatment was easy and the Remicade along with methotextrate had been great until after feeling flu'ish for a few days becomming extremely short of breath. Several days in the hospital confirmed that my heart is fine, however I have severe fibrosis on both lungs. I went from an active 66 year old man to one requiring oxygen 24 hrs a day...overnight. Dr. is planning to continue with remicade ... Show Full Comment

1/4/2008 3:52:11 AM

Reviewer: millifred, 55-64 Female on Treatment for 1 to 6 months (Patient)

Comment:
After 2 infusions of remicade I experienced reduction in pain and swelling; Unfortunately I then developed a respiratory infection which still hasn't cleared up 2 months and 4 courses of antibiotics later - having agreed with my Rheumatologist for the need to put the Remicade and Methotrexate on hold 6 weeks ago.

12/22/2007 9:04:18 AM

Reviewer: rmbrown3, 55-64 Male on Treatment for 2 to less than 5 years (Patient)

Comment:
I have been very fortunate and have had no allergic reaction, common to some. This drug basically saved my sanity if not my life.

Does your kid have symptoms?