Read user comments about the side effects, benefits, and effectiveness of Arava oral.

10/19/2014 3:56:16 PM

Reviewer: catlady, 55-64 Female on Treatment for 10 years or more (Patient)

Comment:
    I have RA, PA, and osteo. I have been on Arava for about 10 years. My doctor monitors me carefully; I have a lot of other medical problems. It has worked well for me. I got very sick from methotrexate--almost died. Glad it went generic.

7/30/2014 4:25:51 PM

Reviewer: zeze, 25-34 Female on Treatment for 1 to 6 months (Patient)

Comment:
    BE CAREFUL ABOUT ARAVA i used arava for only two mthns. i lost 1/2 of my hair and it didnt do anything for my ra. i am so sorry. i cant go to my work because of my hair. i am so angry to my doctor and also to myself. because he didnt say anything about the side effects also i didnt search the side effects. ohh my god. i lost my hair. and still have pain. i tried to wash out arava but kolestran ... Show Full Comment

6/28/2014 2:19:12 AM

Reviewer: starryeyed, 55-64 Female on Treatment for less than 1 month (Patient)

Comment:
    I have only recently started with this drug. Unfortunately it seems to cause insomnia for me. Even though I am pain free. I am cracking up from tiredness. My heart rate is also up and I have fever like symptoms. I also aeem to be extremly aggitated ( If this is due to lack of sleep I don't know) . The label on the bottle says avoid alcohol. I did have 3 drinks on one night - to help me sleep. ... Show Full Comment

4/7/2014 3:14:54 PM

Reviewer: Ooochie45, 65-74 Female on Treatment for less than 1 month (Patient)

Comment:
    Does not work. Did not aid in joint swelling

3/23/2014 5:08:00 PM

Reviewer: RAarava, 19-24 Female on Treatment for 1 to 6 months (Patient)

Comment:
    I have been taking Arava for 5 months. I have daily headaches and have been noticing hair loss. My recent lab tests showed my white blood cell count is low. I also feel like I have no energy and am tired all the time.