Read user comments about the side effects, benefits, and effectiveness of Atacand Oral.

7/22/2011 12:15:34 PM

Reviewer: klsekely, 45-54 Female on Treatment for 6 months to less than 1 year (Patient)

Comment:
I have been taking this medication for 7 months now and by the second month I had gained about 5-10 lbs. It seems like no matter how well I eat and exercise, I can't shed the weight. I'm also very very tired. On the plus side, my blood pressure is perfect! I'm going to ask my doctor if it is normal to gain weight and be so tired on this med.

7/18/2011 10:15:25 AM

Reviewer: Favored, 45-54 Female on Treatment for 2 to less than 5 years (Patient)

Comment:
Ive been taking Atacand for a few years along with other meds. I would always get a headache whenever I take the medicine but it would keep my blood pressure down. My main concern is the long term effect it is doing to my internal organs. My last doctors visit stated that I have signs of liver damage so I wonder does this medicine contribute to that issue.

7/13/2011 8:12:20 AM

Reviewer: Barry S., 55-64 Male on Treatment for 1 to 6 months (Patient)

Comment:
Like Alice, I too have had muscle aching in legs and joints. Also my joints (ie knees and ankles mostly) started cracking when I try to stand up from a sitting position! Not sure why, I have been on Diovan and Avapro and had the cracking of same joints, but not the leg muscles aching like I am getting with Atacand. Doctor hasn't suggested using something else yet. Anybody have idea as to where ... Show Full Comment

5/25/2011 2:49:25 PM

Reviewer: Alice, 75 or over Female on Treatment for 6 months to less than 1 year (Patient)

Comment:
I have been on Atacand for 6 months and have developed a lot of joint and muscle pain and muscle weakness. I thought it was Flecainide that I am on also but after reading about this medication I am wondering if it is Atacand that is causing all this pain. Has anyone else have pain from this?

4/19/2011 4:10:26 PM

Reviewer: Morgan's Nana, 65-74 Female on Treatment for 2 to less than 5 years (Patient)

Comment:
I have been taking Atacand for at least two years since my insurance took Cozaar off the preferred drug list. It seemed to do alright but I had to reduce the dosage from 8mg to 4mg last year because of low blood pressure readings. Recently I have not been feeling just right - light headed, tingly, sluggish with no energy. Dr. took me off Atacand and I feel much better but after several days my ... Show Full Comment