Read user comments about the side effects, benefits, and effectiveness of zyprexa oral.

3/3/2009 6:00:53 PM

Reviewer: Janet, 55-64 Female on Treatment for less than 1 month (Patient)

Comment:
I started out with 5mg at night to help me sleep. No problem. Slept like the dead. But 3 days later I looked like I had elephant feet & legs. 1 week later I still look that way! Help...how do I get rid of the edema????

3/1/2009 4:21:39 PM

Reviewer: 25-34 Male on Treatment for 1 to 6 months (Patient)

Comment:
I have been on 2.5mg of this medication for a few months now along with a low dosage of Cymbalta and very low dosage of Nerontin to help me sleep. My mood is better but the weight gain is having a bad effect. I am ok with the gain in my boy but I now have chipmunk cheeks, like water retention or a little bloated. And I am experiencing memory loss...at 26 years old. Back to the drawing board??

2/21/2009 7:12:50 PM

Reviewer: Liz C., 35-44 Female on Treatment for 10 years or more (Patient)

Comment:
I have been on thisdrug for 13 years. I gained 160 pounds..But i fell great. I am able to function in the world and not be a zombie.I was thinking of becoming pregnant. but i can't find if there are any side affects or risks..Does anyone know?

12/12/2008 6:38:16 AM

Reviewer: lmac, 35-44 Female on Treatment for 1 to 6 months (Patient)

Comment:
I was prescribed 5mg of Zyprexa for depression,anxiety and insomnia,this med has been a lifesaver, but I am not liking the side effect of weight gain, I may have to try an alternative,the question is gain weight or be happy?

12/3/2008 11:17:37 AM

Reviewer: Tao, 35-44 Male on Treatment for 6 months to less than 1 year (Patient)

Comment:
I used to take this as a maintenance med and found the side effects worse than benefits so stopped. Moved, started seeing another doc, who prescribed it again but on an "as needed" basis. Also take Pristiq 100mg 1x daily now as maintenance. Feel much better!