Read user comments about the side effects, benefits, and effectiveness of citalopram oral.

3/28/2008 11:05:00 AM

Reviewer: thankful gal, 25-34 Female on Treatment for 1 to 6 months (Patient)

Comment:
    I started taking 20mg about 3 months ago. I noticed a difference after a couple of weeks, but after a couple of months I didn't feel I was as happy as I wanted to be. I tried adding Wellbutrin so that I could also quit smoking. The side affects were bad for me and I hadn't cut down on the smoking. I switched to 40mg of Citalopram two weeks ago and it's working amazingly for me. After b ... Show Full Comment

3/25/2008 10:57:00 AM

Reviewer: 13-18 Female on Treatment for 1 to 6 months (Patient)

Comment:
    I started taking Celexa about a month ago for severe depression and anxiety. Although it hasn't taken the depression and anxiety totally away (it's not a happy pill) I feel motivated and can actually push the down feelings away and focus on something else. My depression isn't absorbing my life anymore, and I can function like I used to. I only wish that I would feel totally normal with ... Show Full Comment

3/24/2008 5:37:57 PM

Reviewer: John Helpful, 25-34 Male on Treatment for 6 months to less than 1 year (Patient)

Comment:
    I found that my whole life experience worstened and I encountered severe suicidal thoughts. T rying to commet suicide twice! My female partner was a huge cause of going on Citalopram in the first place. I was trying to stabelize my family. It's her way or the highway. Also, I thought it would help me with the mind games she always played! She always has to have her way.

3/20/2008 1:40:47 PM

Reviewer: m, 35-44 Female on Treatment for 1 to less than 2 years (Patient)

Comment:
    this works

3/20/2008 2:41:15 AM

Reviewer: 25-34 Female on Treatment for 6 months to less than 1 year (Patient)

Comment:
    NO sex drive with this medicine. switched from lexapro to citaprolam due to insurance. I've gained weight and am tired all the time. I hate it.