Read user comments about the side effects, benefits, and effectiveness of Citalopram Oral.

5/20/2008 4:05:31 PM

Reviewer: dahliaj40, 45-54 Female on Treatment for 1 to less than 2 years (Patient)

Comment:
After being on this medication for almost a year, I didn't notice a change, but my husband did. He said I was less moody and angry all the time. I'm not sure what kind of feeling or feelings I have. I do notice that I don't cry as much as I used to, but more often than not, I feel like there's no emotions. Like this medication is holding me back from being who I am, good and bad. ... Show Full Comment

5/19/2008 10:22:34 PM

Reviewer: 35-44 Female on Treatment for less than 1 month (Patient)

Comment:
It has only been 10 days since I started this medicine after trying prozac and paxil. Citalopram 20mg has helped alot. I feel great so far. My husband has even noticed a diffence for the good. I also have been taking it night the only thing neg. effect I have noticed is night sweats. I will report back at a later date.

5/16/2008 7:54:54 PM

Reviewer: 35-44 Female on Treatment for 1 to 6 months (Patient)

Comment:
Take at night only. I've been taking it for about 3 months now. This drug works great, took a couple of weeks to start, so give it time. Stopped the crying, wild thoughts and over eating.

5/6/2008 4:30:33 AM

Reviewer: 25-34 Male on Treatment for 5 to less than 10 years (Patient)

Comment:
On Celexa, then later generic citalopram, 20 mg, for over 7 years now. No major depressive episodes or panic attacks (other than a few caused by other drugs) during this time. If I remember correctly, blurred vision the first week, but virtually no side effects since. Probably decreased libido but hasn't adversely affected that area of my life too much. It says not to drink alcohol, but I' ... Show Full Comment

5/4/2008 7:40:03 PM

Reviewer: honeybee, 55-64 Female on Treatment for 5 to less than 10 years (Patient)

Comment:
No more mood swings or anxiety BUT I feel tired during the day because of the crazy dreams at night. Just read it may be better to take at bedtime.

How to keep flares at bay.
spinal compression fracture