Read user comments about the side effects, benefits, and effectiveness of citalopram oral.

12/3/2007 6:52:39 AM

Reviewer: 19-24 Male on Treatment for less than 1 month (Patient)

Comment:
Just getting started on it, side effects are lower than with lexapro, but the drug is not as effective for me. Yawning feels odd, its unexplainable, but weird. Having trouble sleeping, but my mood is better. If I had my way, I'd be on Lexapro, but insurance won't cover it anymore. A good alternative though.

11/28/2007 3:01:11 PM

Reviewer: 1960jean, 45-54 Female on Treatment for 6 months to less than 1 year (Patient)

Comment:
i recently had back surgery and could not go back to my job.workmans comp had denied benefits which put a huge financial strain on my family.i was very depressed and this medication helped me tremendously.i no longer cried every day as before and i also do not have a bleak outlook for the future.

11/24/2007 3:32:45 AM

Reviewer: rihannanevada, 19-24 Female on Treatment for 1 to 6 months (Patient)

Comment:
I got on this because I experienced too many side effects with another antidepressant. On this one, I have relatively few. I have gained about 5 pounds, but that is okay because I do not weigh very much. It has helped with my depression, but I still feel anxious a lot, but that is probably mostly a logical reaction to life changes. The problem is that I get very moody if I forget to take this ... Show Full Comment

11/22/2007 7:17:55 PM

Reviewer: sharonhc@ptd.net, 35-44 Female on Treatment for 1 to less than 2 years (Patient)

Comment:
I'm somewhat confused:? That's one of the side effects I have, not to mention the weight gain. After about a year on the med I'm starting to get the same initial symtoms. With the addition of memory loss, and loss for words.

11/18/2007 12:13:29 PM

Reviewer: Justine, 35-44 Female on Treatment for 6 months to less than 1 year (Patient)

Comment:
Effects were immediate for me. The results are very positive. My sense of despair has vanished...my emotional mood swings are minimal, and my irritablility dramatically reduced. My only caution is that I started on too high a dose at first and had some bad side effects. Once that issue was addressed, I have been extremely pleased.

sore foot
3 warning signs.
checking blood sugar
Symptoms and treatment.
man behind computer screen
10 possible causes.
Woman with itchy watery eyes
Common triggers.
man screaming
Making sense of symptoms.
human liver