Read user comments about the side effects, benefits, and effectiveness of fluoxetine Oral.

10/14/2008 6:47:35 PM

Reviewer: Lucky1, 25-34 Female on Treatment for less than 1 month (Patient)

Comment:
I had made the decision to start taking fluoxetine 20 mg because my mood was really getting in to poor shape, and I was letting the stress I was under bury me. I had no energy and was overeating, which made me gain weight, which in turn added to my poor mood, and low self confidence. I slept whenever I wasn't working, had a short fuse with my step daughter and fiance... Since the drug started ... Show Full Comment

10/1/2008 3:08:16 AM

Reviewer: Lucky, 19-24 Female on Treatment for less than 1 month (Patient)

Comment:
I was 17years old weighed 47kg and 170cm tall. I was prescribed fluoxetine for my depression before being encouraged to try counselling. I took the drug for 2 weeks bit was also using recreational A class drugs. Bad combo, tried to end my life. Thankfully failed however my brain and body will never fully recover. Talk to someone first!

9/28/2008 12:56:13 AM

Reviewer: cliffy, 55-64 Male on Treatment for 6 months to less than 1 year (Patient)

Comment:
Taking this for depression. Too many negatives in my life right now. The 1st week it made me nauseous & tired. A general feeling of "blah." Woke with a bad headache every morning. Now at end of second week & feeling better. Still have the headaches though.

9/25/2008 7:14:54 PM

Reviewer: 55-64 Female on Treatment for 5 to less than 10 years (Patient)

Comment:
I was prescribed several medications to help me quit smoking. A few of them actually made me very uptight and nervous. Welbutrin worked well with the exception that it caused insomnia (I was getting 2-4 hours sleep a night). 20 mg daily of fluoxetine has not only taken the edge off, it keeps me on an even keel. I'm less likely to bite someones head off or have a temper tantrum.

9/19/2008 1:30:33 PM

Reviewer: 45-54 Female on Treatment for 1 to 6 months (Patient)

Comment:
I have been more than completely satisfied with this medication. I have had on and off depression for about 40 years. This treatment has given me a sense of well-being and has made me less critical and more confident.

Does your kid have symptoms?