Read user comments about the side effects, benefits, and effectiveness of Avelox Oral.

12/28/2013 9:39:31 AM

Reviewer: betternow, 55-64 Female on Treatment for less than 1 month (Patient)

Comment:
I was given a generic for Cefzil and it did nothing to treat the pain and infection in my sinus and throat. After a week I switched to Avelox for 5 days (once per day) and it worked quickly. I had taken it once before for a similar problem some years ago and I remembered how effective it was and asked to try it again since the first drug did not work.

11/16/2013 8:46:41 AM

Reviewer: 45-54 Female on Treatment for less than 1 month (Patient)

Comment:
Awful med...will never take it again and believe that it should be taken off the market. Within 3 hours of taking 1 pill, I started feeling very sick. My body started shaking, breathing was rapid and shallow, and I was extremely anxious and irritable. I did not take any more pills. 48 hours after taking 1 pill, I was still experiencing bad side effects plus chest pain and rapid heart beat. I ... Show Full Comment

11/9/2013 12:19:28 PM

Reviewer: City Gal, 25-34 Female on Treatment for less than 1 month (Patient)

Comment:
I did get a bit dizzy so I would take this at bedtime and did at first get a faster heart beat but may have been cause I read all the crazy side effects on-line. This medicine did work for me. Had an awful case of tonsillitis. Be sure to read the package and how other meds (even vitamins) you may be taking can alter the effects and increase chances of side effects.

10/18/2013 9:41:15 AM

Reviewer: JP, 55-64 Male on Treatment for less than 1 month (Patient)

Comment:
This is the third antibiotic for this condition. Day 3 and 4 felt real nausea. Got a rash on my back day 2 that itches like crazy. This is day 10 and still have it. I would take this again if it is the only option left on the table.

10/17/2013 1:14:22 PM

Reviewer: (Patient)

Comment:
If I take this medication during the daytime, I have to drink at least 16 ounces of water with it otherwise I get nauseous and vomit. I have found a way around this by taking it with 4-6 ounces of water plus an antacid right before going to sleep at night. Then I don't experience any problems with my stomach. If I forget to take the antacid, I tend to wake up with reflux.

Woman running
Boost Your Metabolism.
Tips to kick the habit.
stressed working woman
And how to fix them?
fat caliper
Check your BMI.
man with indigestion
How to keep yours at bay.