Read user comments about the side effects, benefits, and effectiveness of Keppra Oral.

2/20/2008 12:55:34 AM

Comment:
I have been on Keppra for over 3 years to prevent partial seizures. It made me drowsy for the first couple weeks and each time I increased, but after I got used to it I feel great! No weight gain as with older medications like depakote (awful!) Just stick with it to find the right dosage and wait for side effects to go away after about 2 weeks.

1/15/2008 1:35:38 PM

Reviewer: daisy143, 35-44 Female on Treatment for less than 1 month (Patient)

Comment:
I have experienced nausau feeling, anxiety, loss of appetite, and moody.

1/8/2008 2:05:45 AM

Reviewer: 19-24 Female on Treatment for 2 to less than 5 years (Patient)

Comment:
I take lamictal 200 twice a day and lyrica 200 twice a day which may get increased. The Keppra put me to sleep when I got on heavier doses. I'm not put to sleep anymore but with all my meds I feel dazed, trouble concentrating, reading. Sometimes I just want to not take my meds for 1 day and see I'm living in a cloud or if there is another world out there. I can't though, if I' ... Show Full Comment

1/4/2008 4:28:56 PM

Reviewer: 25-34 Female on Treatment for 10 years or more (Patient)

Comment:
I took three medications for eleven years before I was finally given keppra. I have been seizure free for three years now.

1/2/2008 8:10:42 PM

Reviewer: Aley's Mommy, 25-34 Female on Treatment for 1 to 6 months (Caregiver)

Comment:
My daughter takes this medication along with her Tegretol and we have been very pleased. The Tegretol alone was not working and she had many breakthrough seizures, especially when sick. She has a virus now and has had no seizures. I do however notice mood swings with her now, which is concerning, but you have to weigh out the benefits and they are worth it.

Heart-Shaped Fried Egg
Can you benefit from them?
How to make the best choices for you.
Adult man lying awake in bed
How to recognize them.
smiling woman
Fight the effects of getting older.
chicken and veggie kabobs
What are you eating tonight?