Read user comments about the side effects, benefits, and effectiveness of Effexor oral.

9/28/2013 8:57:24 AM

Reviewer: Wanda, 55-64 Female on Treatment for 1 to less than 2 years (Caregiver)

Comment:
The drug has worked for me but I now have elevated live levels. I take 225 mg a day for the past year. Could this be causing the elevation.

8/23/2013 9:19:02 AM

Reviewer: 45-54 Female on Treatment for 2 to less than 5 years (Patient)

Comment:
when you start Effexor it really helps. The longer your on it the less it helps and the doctors ups your dosage. If you don't take it the same time everyday you start to have withdrawls within an hour. Weird feelings inside. And if you come off the Effexor this will be one of the hardest things you will ever do. I don't recommend Effexor if there is anything else out there.

8/9/2013 11:38:35 PM

Reviewer: America101, 25-34 Male on Treatment for 5 to less than 10 years (Patient)

Comment:
Effexor Xr (Venlafaxine) was strategically designed to create dependency. My first attempt at discontinuing the medication resulted in 2 ER visits and 1 five day inpatient stay (worst experience ever). This medication lowers my motivation to press on and succeed in life and at the same time does nothing to help me deal with my anxiety. The drug only helps you care less when you don't succeed o ... Show Full Comment

7/10/2013 11:26:34 PM

Reviewer: 75 or over Female (Patient)

Comment:
When I first started with Effexor it seemed to work fairly well but the longer I'm on it the less it feels like its working. I've talked with my doctor about it and he just shrugged his shoulders.

7/5/2013 4:58:03 PM

Reviewer: Roxie, 55-64 Female on Treatment for 1 to less than 2 years (Patient)

Comment:
I've been taking the generic version of effexor for about 1 year now. I was on Cymbalta for anxiety, depression and neuropathy. I have been experiencing more and more bouts of depression lately and wonder it if might be because I'm taking the generic version and not the brand name or if perhaps my doctor should increase my dosage or change me back to Cymbalta. I'll discuss that at m ... Show Full Comment