Read user comments about the side effects, benefits, and effectiveness of WelChol Oral.

3/1/2009 9:36:38 PM

Reviewer: 75 or over Female on Treatment for 1 to less than 2 years (Patient)

Comment:
I seldom had heartburn until I started taking Welchol 2 tabs a day and Rowasa 4 capsules a day (Omega 30. I can't take statins. Been the route wiht Questran which I am sure caused hair loss, Zocor, Crestor which caused muscle pain in shoulders and arms. Started on Welchol 2 years ago and I am still not happy with the side effects. I also have large stools and flatulence. My Colonoscopy wa ... Show Full Comment

2/20/2009 1:36:03 PM

Reviewer: 4scored, 65-74 Male on Treatment for 1 to 6 months (Patient)

Comment:
My voice is breaking up after a few words. Has there been reports of Welchol causing irritation of the larynx?

2/18/2009 12:58:46 PM

Reviewer: 65-74 Female on Treatment for 1 to 6 months (Patient)

Comment:
I cannot take statins, so the doctor put me on this med. I have been taking for 1 month and have started getting leg pains like with the statins. Just had labs done and will see tomorrow if it has helped there. Don't think I can keep taking since my legs are hurting worse every day.

2/5/2009 2:17:33 PM

Reviewer: side efeects , 55-64 Male on Treatment for 6 months to less than 1 year (Patient)

Comment:
Welchol is easy to take but has possible side effects. I do take other medications but I recommend that you keep an eye out for breathing and or shortness of breath. I take 3 pills 2 times daily.

2/2/2009 5:12:22 PM

Reviewer: kigkid2160, 65-74 Female on Treatment for 1 to 6 months (Patient)

Comment:
other than constipation it has been wonderful.it has lower my cholesterol,andalso my suger level. Imean really lower my suger,sometimes it is to low ,mostly in the morning.