Find Information About:

Drugs & Supplements

Pill Identifier

Pill Identifier

Having trouble identifying your pills?

Get Started
My Medicine

My Medicine

Get Started

WebMD Health Experts and Community

• Second Opinion

Second Opinion

Read expert perspectives on popular health topics.

• Community

Community

Connect with people like you, and get expert guidance on living a healthy life.

Get Answers

Sign up to receive WebMD's award-winning content delivered to your inbox.

Read user comments about the side effects, benefits, and effectiveness of Mirena intrauterine.

9/9/2008 1:06:29 AM

Reviewer: 25-34 Female on Treatment for 2 to less than 5 years (Patient)

Comment:
This is the second time that I've had the Mirena IU. The first time was after the birth of my first child (7 yrs ago), and the second after the birth of my second child (2 1/2 yrs ago). I had no problems getting pregnant again after the removal of the first one. Both times I experienced few problems, although I wish I had known that decreased libido was a possible side-effect. Not sure that th ... Show Full Comment

9/8/2008 8:51:48 AM

Reviewer: csidak, 25-34 Female on Treatment for 6 months to less than 1 year (Patient)

Comment:
after having the mirena inserted i experienced cramping and a period that lasted three months. i wanted to have it removed and my doctor decided to put me on estrogen pills to stop the bleeding, which caused tingling in my arms and legs,dizziness, and hot flashes. i have also been losing hair and can not drop weight from having my daughter. i would not recommend this birth control.

9/4/2008 5:21:38 PM

Reviewer: am25, 25-34 Female on Treatment for 6 months to less than 1 year (Patient)

Comment:
alot of weight gain and mood swings

9/2/2008 10:05:48 AM

Reviewer: easybreezy, 35-44 Female on Treatment for less than 1 month (Patient)

Comment:
I looked to this website of ratings to get an idea of how people felt about Mirena. I agree that the majority of the reviews are the negative. This teriffied me and I almost didn't go. I started praying about the situtation and reminded myself that everyone is different. So far, I have had not problems. I had the procedure on 8/29. I had mild cramping for a few days and that was it. No o ... Show Full Comment

8/31/2008 2:40:22 PM

Reviewer: aj, 25-34 Female on Treatment for 1 to 6 months (Patient)

Comment:
EVERY WOMAN IS DIFFERENT! It seems like the majority of postings on here are negative. If you are looking on here to try to help you decide whether or not to use Mirena, you may get scared away- I almost did! I decided to get the Mirena and am thrilled that I did! I was in and out of the doctors office in 10 minutes! It was quick and easy. I only had light bleeding/spotting for 2 days after insert ... Show Full Comment