Read user comments about the side effects, benefits, and effectiveness of immune globulin (human) (IgG) IV.

1-4 of 4
4/13/2014 1:56:17 PM

Reviewer: max37, 75 or over Male on Treatment for 1 to 6 months (Patient)

Comment:
I am a male in my 70's and have Multifocal Motor Neuropathy, I am getting immune globulin , Starting out with 5 days in a row, I now get a doble dose two times a month.I had 8 infusion so far. I can not walk or get up from a chair. my muscles are all gone. so weak i need a wheel chair. What will help me gain my muscles back ?

2/12/2012 10:59:37 PM

Reviewer: GaryS, 65-74 Male on Treatment for 1 to less than 2 years (Patient)

Comment:
I was taking IGG-IV to prevent infections because of a depressed immune system (cancer for 20 years, including 8 yrs of chemo), but my neurologist and oncologist thought it might help with my peripheral neuropathy. It didn't. And finally I stopped it altogether because I was developing an adverse reaction to the treatment.

2/3/2010 4:36:26 PM

Reviewer: Shellyhshell, 35-44 Female (Patient)

Comment:
I have polymyositis. I started ivig about 5 years ago. In the begining I had treatments biweekly and currently I go every 3 weeks for 2 days. When I first started treatment I was barely able to walk, now I am much stronger. In the begining it have me huge headaches however now that the hospital changed from the powder form too liquid form the headaches are rare. Last year I thought ivig wasn& ... Show Full Comment

7/28/2009 8:53:49 PM

Reviewer: halfwhit, 45-54 Female on Treatment for 5 to less than 10 years (Patient)

Comment:
I have had dermatomyositis for about 6 years. I started IGIV about 6 months after being diagnosed, doing 4 half days a month. Changed it to 2 half days every two weeks to start. The first time was terrible. I had the first and worst migrane I had ever had. However, the side effects decreased to the point I haven't had migrane in years. I now get treatment once every 7 weeks. At first, I ... Show Full Comment

1-4 of 4