Read user comments about the side effects, benefits, and effectiveness of Lantus subcutaneous.

4/28/2011 12:30:28 AM

Reviewer: osusana, 55-64 Female on Treatment for 1 to 6 months (Patient)

Comment:
    I had hypoglycemia nearly all my life which switched to Diabetes 2 when I reached menopause. I started on Metformin 500mg 4/X day. If I stick to an Atkins diet, I can control my BS but I'm addicted to sugar. My BS increased to 400-500 eating sweets and carbs and I started on Lantus. I'm now taking 40 units a.m. and 30 units p.m. I initially used the Pen but I had two of them jam up and I s ... Show Full Comment

3/28/2011 4:35:26 PM

Reviewer: 55-64 Female on Treatment for 10 years or more (Patient)

Comment:

Condition: Type 2 Diabetes Mellitus
    2/25/2011 1:25:45 AM

Reviewer: No name , 65-74 Male on Treatment for less than 1 month (Patient)

Comment:
    Startd med 2/21/11 Ihave taken 60 units my blood sugar has actually increased and hasnit droped below 210 in that time period I have had two of the listed rare sever side effects they are swetting and rashes also my blood pressure has drobed lower than has been my norm .with aresting heart rade of 80 my normal rate has been 70 and below I check my BP daily

1/31/2011 11:20:44 AM

Reviewer: 35-44 Female on Treatment for 2 to less than 5 years (Patient)

Comment:
    This medication has worked very well to control my blood sugar, but I gained 45 pounds in 8 months after starting it. Not very happy about that.

11/15/2010 12:57:00 PM

Reviewer: okjoe, 55-64 on Treatment for 6 months to less than 1 year (Patient)

Comment:
    Diagnosed 2 year ago placed on Lantus/ Humalog 6 months ago. Some effect, dropping from "normal 380-500" range to fasting of 210-295. Very expensive for very little results. No assistance as I am on medicare.In donut hole, costs over $1000 a month. Not good for me. Will settle for old 380-500 range.