Read user comments about the side effects, benefits, and effectiveness of Lantus subQ.

1/31/2011 11:20:44 AM

Reviewer: 35-44 Female on Treatment for 2 to less than 5 years (Patient)

Comment:
This medication has worked very well to control my blood sugar, but I gained 45 pounds in 8 months after starting it. Not very happy about that.

11/15/2010 12:57:00 PM

Reviewer: okjoe, 55-64 on Treatment for 6 months to less than 1 year (Patient)

Comment:
Diagnosed 2 year ago placed on Lantus/ Humalog 6 months ago. Some effect, dropping from "normal 380-500" range to fasting of 210-295. Very expensive for very little results. No assistance as I am on medicare.In donut hole, costs over $1000 a month. Not good for me. Will settle for old 380-500 range.

10/18/2010 4:42:30 PM

Reviewer: Michelle, 35-44 on Treatment for 6 months to less than 1 year (Patient)

Comment:
My blood sugar numbers were always high and I was struggling to control them then my doctor perscribed lantus solostar pen. Lantus keeps my blood sugar at normal levels now. I was actually amazed on how well lantus worked. Also, it is soo easy to use just change the needle tip with every usee.its ready to go.I recomend lantus to all diabetics. It has made a huge difference in my life.

10/15/2010 5:24:46 PM

Reviewer: Lynnette, 35-44 Female on Treatment for 6 months to less than 1 year (Patient)

Comment:
Lantus has kept my blood sugar under control. I'm in normal limits now. Its never let me down. Its sooo easy to use juck a click and your done! The small needle makes it totally painless. I've had no side effects. I reallly recomend lantus to everyone with diabetes who need insulin. Lantus has lasted for a full 24 hours for me. Its important to get your correct dose with lantus.once you ha ... Show Full Comment

10/7/2010 11:47:47 AM

Reviewer: Net, 35-44 Female on Treatment for 6 months to less than 1 year (Patient)

Comment:
I use lantus solo star pen for my injections. It has been amazing at controling my high blood sugar! The pen is extremely easy to use and mostly pain free. After priming the pen you must make sure there is not any insulin left on the tip of the needle or this will cause a stinging sensation at the injection site. This is the only time I've found lantus to be uncomfortable to inject. So if you ... Show Full Comment

Heart-Shaped Fried Egg
Can you benefit from them?
How to make the best choices for you.
Adult man lying awake in bed
How to recognize them.
smiling woman
Fight the effects of getting older.
chicken and veggie kabobs
What are you eating tonight?