Read user comments about the side effects, benefits, and effectiveness of Entocort EC oral.

9/26/2015 7:21:07 PM

Reviewer: lisabgood, 45-54 Female on Treatment for 1 to less than 2 years (Patient)

Comment:
    I took it 3 capsules in the morning for joint pain and small flare up. I only have mild to moderate Crohns. Have been on Pentasa for 6 years also (Pentasa works GREAT for me - except I had a once to twice flare so the Entecort) Wonderful. A couple of months later my OLD Gastro weaned me down to one - very wise indeed. All was good. My NEW Gastro put me back on the 3 caps for a yer now when I ... Show Full Comment

9/9/2015 10:22:03 AM

Reviewer: BigB, 45-54 Male on Treatment for less than 1 month (Patient)

Comment:
    Take this medication in the AM as it will give you insomnia if taken later in the PM. My experience has been good however it is driving my BP high and anxiety crazy. Other than these issues, it has worked for the Crohns. Taking 3x3mg a day/dose. Tried Pantasa at 2000mg a dose which almost knocked me out.

5/27/2015 10:11:08 PM

Reviewer: 25-34 Female on Treatment for 1 to 6 months (Patient)

Comment:
    I've been on this for two months and I feel fine but I never had extreme pain to begin with. My skin has had reactions to it and my stomach kept weight on when I never had issues before. Not the most ideal in my mind.

1/17/2015 11:23:27 AM

Reviewer: Spunky, 65-74 Female on Treatment for 10 years or more (Patient)

Comment:
    I have taken this drug since the early 80's and love it. The Crohn's is flared again but unfortunately becasue of the cost$540.00 for 3 weeks I can;t afford it. Good luck to all who take this. It really is a wonderful nedication.

12/5/2014 11:55:30 AM

Reviewer: jsgfree, 55-64 Female on Treatment for 1 to 6 months (Patient)

Comment:
    I've been on this drug since July. The most noticeable side effect is the loss of hair. Minoxidil, which I have used for years, isn't helping.