Read user comments about the side effects, benefits, and effectiveness of Imitrex subcutaneous.

3/6/2014 1:59:07 PM

Reviewer: FrugalCat, 35-44 Female on Treatment for 5 to less than 10 years (Patient)

Comment:
I use the generic in vials. I inject with an insulin syringe. Don't like the auto injector and the pills and spray make me vomit. The injection works great and fast- relief in 5 to 30 minutes.

12/24/2013 9:54:44 AM

Reviewer: 35-44 Female on Treatment for 2 to less than 5 years (Patient)

Comment:
I did NOT like taking the Suvamal at all because the drug was under air pressure and it hurt a lot and made hole in my skin. Right now I am using the auto-injector pen and have some pills as well. I take both but not at the same time. My migraines are so bad I feel like pulling my hair out. I am very grateful for this drug. I developed Migraines when I had Meningitis and encephalitis at the ... Show Full Comment

4/6/2013 3:13:25 PM

Reviewer: petekite, 35-44 Male on Treatment for 2 to less than 5 years (Patient)

Comment:
I have had migraines since I was 16 I"m now 38. I get them once every 2-3 yrs or so, but when I do get them they painwise they are a 100 on a scale of 1-10. I get the visual aura followed by the intense headahche, half my body goes numb, and I throw up. One time I slurred my speech as like I was having a stroke. My migraines are so severe that I used to go to the er. Yesterday I had a fr ... Show Full Comment

7/11/2011 6:31:16 PM

Reviewer: 35-44 Female on Treatment for less than 1 month (Patient)

Comment:
Didn't really get rid of my pain but my head didn't get any worse either? Left me feeling awful for more than a couple hours. Felt sick to my stomach, hot, flushed, chest was heavy, some pain in neck and jaw and basically miserable and uncomfortable, not sure if the feeling after the shot is worth it or not, but I will try it again next time I feel an attack coming on.

5/8/2011 9:49:55 PM

Reviewer: fludgirl, 25-34 Female on Treatment for 6 months to less than 1 year (Patient)

Comment:
it dnt work for me. i have to have surgery. my migrains coused by a tumor