Read user comments about the side effects, benefits, and effectiveness of Arixtra subcutaneous.

5/22/2012 12:40:14 AM

Reviewer: txnursie, 45-54 Female on Treatment for 1 to 6 months (Patient)

Comment:
Since coumadin therapy failed for me, I have no choice but to be on Arixtra or another type of low-molecular weight heparin for the rest of my life. (clotting disorders) I've had terrible knots forming in the abdomen, huge hematomas. I kept thinking perhaps I'm giving them wrong but I've been a nurse for 17 years this summer and have been giving myself heparin injections off and on si ... Show Full Comment

9/12/2010 4:40:44 PM

Reviewer: 35-44 Female on Treatment for 1 to 6 months (Patient)

Comment:
I was put on fondaparinux because Warfarin made me cold, feel nauseous and (worst of all) my hair go very thin. (I only noticed Warfarin did this because I was temporarily put on low weight molecular heparin and felt much better). So far I feel OK on fondaparinux too. My hair is getting thicker again and I feel warmer. I sometimes feel nauseous still but maybe I just have a weak stomach? The main ... Show Full Comment

3/26/2010 12:43:56 PM

Reviewer: 7yd4lf, 19-24 Female on Treatment for less than 1 month (Patient)

Comment:

Condition: Deep Vein Thrombosis Prevention
11/24/2009 10:14:20 AM

Reviewer: iptwog, 45-54 Male on Treatment for 2 to less than 5 years (Patient)

Comment:
have been on arixtra for 3 years now will be on the rest of my life for dvt.s this med saved my life

3/26/2008 8:31:31 PM

Reviewer: Talyn, 45-54 Male on Treatment for 2 to less than 5 years (Patient)

Comment:
I do not enjoy having to inject myself. Have been on Arixtra for 2+ years. Have tried other medications to prevent DVT, but additional clots developed, while on the medication.