Find Information About:

Drugs & Supplements

Pill Identifier

Pill Identifier

Having trouble identifying your pills?

Get Started
My Medicine

My Medicine

Get Started

WebMD Health Experts and Community

• Second Opinion

Second Opinion

Read expert perspectives on popular health topics.

• Community

Community

Connect with people like you, and get expert guidance on living a healthy life.

Get Answers

Sign up to receive WebMD's award-winning content delivered to your inbox.

Read user comments about the side effects, benefits, and effectiveness of tranexamic acid oral.

10/3/2015 5:02:51 PM

Reviewer: uzma, 35-44 Female on Treatment for 1 to 6 months (Patient)

Comment:
i am 36 year old .when i used first time it worked not now my doc gave my for one month .and in two year 4 times .it gives me very horrible side effect .very high blood pressures 170/110 plus 120 .since jan 2015 to till today oct 2015 i am not able to digest any thing .i have gas problem .i am not able to sit with family.very high pressure on my chest .bad headache,dizzy,4 doc gave me same medici ... Show Full Comment

5/20/2015 3:10:07 PM

Reviewer: sahime, 35-44 Female (Patient)

Comment:
I had a complete adverse reaction to this drug. Woke up from a sound sleep with terrible stomach pain, cold clammy profuse sweating, and dizzness. I felt as if I was going to pass out.

12/3/2014 8:09:18 PM

Reviewer: 35-44 Female on Treatment for 6 months to less than 1 year (Patient)

Comment:
Makes me a little slow to respond or light feeling. However, the benefit is wonderful. I have very heavy flow problems that make it difficult to go to work... I love this drug.

10/11/2014 10:59:21 AM

Reviewer: 35-44 Female on Treatment for 1 to 6 months (Patient)

Comment:
I suffer from heavy flow periods. I am 43 years old and don't want to take birth control. I have 2 young children and we swim a lot in the summer. I have to use a super tampon and a pad when I have my period. This is not ideal for swimming. I talked to my Dr. in May, she felt this medication was a good option for me. It works great. My periods a normal now and I can swim with my kids.

7/10/2014 10:19:00 PM

Reviewer: Dolores Church, 35-44 Female on Treatment for 1 to 6 months (Patient)

Comment:
This drug has done wonders for my heavy "flooding" periods. My bleeding has decreased by 50%. I have noticed my period lasts a day or 2 longer, but it is lite bleeding. I do recommend taking this. My alternative would be surgery and I really do not want to do that. My sister had a hysterectomy. That was prior to the FDA approval. I am grateful.