Read user comments about the side effects, benefits, and effectiveness of Ortho Evra transdermal.

7/16/2008 1:38:48 PM

Reviewer: 25-34 Female on Treatment for 2 to less than 5 years (Patient)

Comment:
    I was on the patch for 2 yrs. I took it continously. I had breakthrough bleeding about every 3 months and very heavy bleeding. It worked for birth control & the patch stayed on good. I would rotate butt cheeks every week and it would leave some irritation on my skin.

7/1/2008 10:39:00 PM

Comment:
    I have been on the patch now for three years and love it. I find it easy to use and remeber. I have never had any break through bleeding, never had weight gain or mood swings. I also have not experienced any patch falling off for no reason. Something that I have experienced is a slight headache on the off week, which is easily fixed with advil.

6/16/2008 5:27:19 PM

Reviewer: JillValentine, 19-24 Female on Treatment for 2 to less than 5 years (Patient)

Comment:
    I ended up gaining 10 lbs (about 5 of which are water because I gained them overnight!). I took this medication for 2 years and only had 2 patches fall off, and I tend to exercise and sweat a lot. I normally keep them on my lower abdomen in front by my hip bones. If you keep them in a place where you won't sweat very much and they don't constantly rub against tight clothing they will st ... Show Full Comment

5/27/2008 12:09:55 AM

Reviewer: LittleBird, 25-34 Female on Treatment for 6 months to less than 1 year (Patient)

Comment:
    Overall, I loved that I only had to change the patch once a week. However, it left a sticky mess on my body in between changes and gave me horrible nausea and vomiting during the first day of the first patch. The nausea improved, and so did my acne. The only down side is that the patch killed my libido.

5/26/2008 11:37:14 AM

Comment:
    The patches don't stick the way they are supposed to, they wrinkle and warp and fall off for no reason, and they get dirty around the edges. I can't wait until my supply is gone so I can switch to something else.