Read user comments about the side effects, benefits, and effectiveness of Lipitor oral.

4/14/2015 5:59:32 PM

Reviewer: Nancy, 55-64 Female on Treatment for 1 to 6 months (Patient)

Comment:
    The side effects were terrible. Gradually I was experiencing muscle aches and pains, restless legs, that progressed to not being able to move or get out of bed. Thought I had MS. Realized it was the medicine. Quit taking it and within a week I was not having any of these issues.

4/12/2015 7:06:56 PM

Reviewer: jmike, 45-54 Male on Treatment for 1 to 6 months (Patient)

Comment:
    I was taking this for almost 6 months till I developed Kidney stones. It took two visits to the ER and a lot of pain before it was found the Lipitor was the cause.

4/10/2015 12:07:42 AM

Reviewer: ladybeam, 55-64 Female on Treatment for 1 to less than 2 years (Patient)

Comment:
    we got doctors who give us this medications and they don't even know the side effect of.every time I tell him about my muscles pain he say it arthritis.beside I was also having upper stomach pain.and muscles loss I do not know while the FDA let it stay on the market.this is bad medicine.ninety five percent of doctors do not know all the side effects of this drugs. a lots of peoples are suffer ... Show Full Comment

4/5/2015 10:40:44 PM

Reviewer: 45-54 Female on Treatment for 2 to less than 5 years (Patient)

Comment:
    My cholesterol went from 240 to 180 in just three months. I read that people taking any type of statins should take 200 mgs daily of CoQ10 daily which helps with any muscle related pain. I never experieced that so not sure if I was just lucky or it is the CoQ10. The only thing I have noticed, is a mild case of dry mouth. For me, the benefit of reduced cholesterol and triglycerides far outweigh any ... Show Full Comment

3/2/2015 11:52:06 PM

Reviewer: cmccullough29, 45-54 Male on Treatment for 1 to 6 months (Patient)

Comment:
    I have been taking this medication since Nov 2014. Feb 2015, I started getting severe pain in my lower right leg. At first every 6 hours, then 4 hours, then 2 hours. It felt like someone was drilling into my leg bone. I was at the ER 3/1/2015, I was told to discontinue using the med. I have had 2 pain attacks today, although I have stop taking this medication.