Read user comments about the side effects, benefits, and effectiveness of Pentasa oral.

8/19/2008 1:51:50 PM

Reviewer: shiloh, 25-34 Female on Treatment for less than 1 month (Patient)

Comment:
I started taking Pentasa for Crohn's and I started to feel better in about 2 weeks, then on the 3rd week I started having heart palpataions and racing. I could barely breath when walking. No one could figure out what was wrong with me and I felt like I was having a heart attack all day. I finally stopped taking it and within 3 days the heart symptoms stopped. Just beware because my gastroenter ... Show Full Comment

6/12/2008 2:35:48 PM

Reviewer: 19-24 Female on Treatment for 1 to less than 2 years (Patient)

Comment:
Pentasa is a miricle drug for me. if i miss a dose i get very very sick & end up back in the hospital.

6/3/2008 10:06:41 AM

Reviewer: Cambria, 19-24 Female on Treatment for less than 1 month (Patient)

Comment:
I have only been taking this for a couple weeks now, my pain has gone, but the side effects have been pretty bad. The worst is the sickness to my stomach and the lack of energy. I hope these will go away after I've become more used to the medicine. I was taking Asacol before and that caused a lot of hair loss, my dr mentioned this may help prevent that.

5/23/2008 6:14:05 PM

Reviewer: dgreen, 35-44 Female on Treatment for less than 1 month (Patient)

Comment:
My overview should be taken with a grain of salt since I have only been taking it for about 2 weeks. Nonetheless, my pain has lessened. The only drawback is the sore throat, fever and flu like symptons. My doctor said this could happen and sure enough. I was sent home from work with a temp of 101.5. The flu is no fun. I'm not looking forward to this being a normal side effect of using Pentasa, ... Show Full Comment

5/8/2008 4:27:13 PM

Reviewer: Deirdre, 35-44 Female on Treatment for 1 to 6 months (Patient)

Comment:
Dx with Chron's in March. I am taking the medication as prescribed but will somebody please tell me about any diet resrtictions. The meds alone are not really helping. How long does it take to work?

neti pot
6 steps for nasal irrigation.
stressed working woman
And how to fix them?
woman walking in fog
12 tips for managing your disease.
Woman running
10 ways to boost your metabolism.
What are the top ones?