Read user comments about the side effects, benefits, and effectiveness of Questran oral.

5/4/2009 12:55:42 AM

Reviewer: dancinH, 19-24 Female on Treatment for less than 1 month (Patient)

Comment:
I was also put on this after my gallbladder was removed (7 months later and after losing nearly 50lbs) they finally recommended this, after I tried many others. So I take it to control the amount of bile in my digestive tract. I started it out very slow (half dose) which I recommend because I didn't have a bowel movement for the first two weeks! The diarrhea stopped, but the nausea did not. I ... Show Full Comment

3/16/2009 6:57:49 PM

Reviewer: 65-74 Female on Treatment for 6 months to less than 1 year (Patient)

Comment:
I have started taking Questran because taking a steroid for Multiple Myeloma has caused terrible diarrhea. It has worked but has caused me to have a terrible gas problem. Any suggestions as to what to take to control the gas? Over the counter medications for gas caused by foods does not work.

2/28/2009 6:51:35 PM

Reviewer: 1234, 35-44 Male on Treatment for 2 to less than 5 years (Patient)

Comment:
My husband was prescribed this medication a few years ago for chronic diarrhea and has not had diarrhea since! He finds that if he puts the medication with water in an empty jelly jar and then shakes it up instead of stirring it, it is much easier to drink.

1/26/2009 1:27:59 PM

Reviewer: relieved, 25-34 Female on Treatment for less than 1 month (Patient)

Comment:
My stomach dr. recommended this for my chronic diarrhea after having my gallbladder removed, which was ruining my life. I do have IBS and dumping syndrome though but it hasn't bothered me really since I've been taking this. It works for me, but I only take half a packet because that's all I can stand and it's still very effective at that dose. I'm thinking about using a little ... Show Full Comment

11/24/2008 2:33:46 PM

Reviewer: Poops, 35-44 Female on Treatment for 1 to 6 months (Patient)

Comment:
I had chronic diarrhea for six years, I now take Questran every morning and my life has changed for the better. I no longer have to worry about where the nearest bathroom is.

highlighted areas of the brain
How well do you know yours?
mature woman with serious expression
What do you know?
Separate fact from fiction.