Read user comments about the side effects, benefits, and effectiveness of promethazine-DM Oral.

12/16/2008 5:24:02 PM

Reviewer: Billyzeke, 45-54 Male on Treatment for less than 1 month

Comment:
my mother has it and when i get these colds that cause a hacking cough and laryngitis i cant sleep took it tiwce so far and boy did i sleep soundly today woke at 1:45 PM was awake all night till 4:30 AM recommend light use cause it can make you feel weak and drowsy Vicks Ny quil is fine for me but this precription strenght DM syrup is too strong !

11/3/2008 5:50:48 AM

Reviewer: irisheyes329, 55-64 Female (Patient)

Comment:
I smoke so I cough on occasion anyway but I got a cold that went into my chest and this medication worked for me. I was surprised because most cough meds. I've had in the past just put me to sleep but this one actually allowed me to sleep thru the night without coughing.

6/13/2008 11:18:41 AM

Reviewer: BRATNLG, 55-64 Female on Treatment for less than 1 month (Patient)

Comment:
I TAKE THIS RIGHT BEFORE BED AND IT DOES ALLOW ME TO SLEEP ALL NIGHT WITHOUT COUGHING.

2/13/2008 3:24:29 AM

Reviewer: haidey, 45-54 Female on Treatment for less than 1 month (Patient)

Comment:
Was not completely effective in eliminating my cough.

10/31/2007 8:35:13 PM

Reviewer: KatVis, 45-54 Female on Treatment for less than 1 month (Patient)

Comment:
I have Chronic Bronchitis and this is what my doctor gives me for my cough. It works well with no side effects. I try not to use it very much so that it will work the next time I need it.

highlighted areas of the brain
How well do you know yours?
mature woman with serious expression
What do you know?
Separate fact from fiction.