Read user comments about the side effects, benefits, and effectiveness of Methotrexate (Anti-Rheumatic) Oral.

12/7/2008 11:20:06 AM

Reviewer: Marge97116, 45-54 Female on Treatment for 1 to 6 months (Patient)

Comment:
I've been on MTX for 1-1/2 months. I discontinued use of prednisone 2 weeks ago. My symptoms seem to be gradually worsening again. My side effects include headaches, occasional nausea, extreme fatigue. I've been on a range of medications and my experience has been that if you don't see results within 3-6 months, move on to something else. If your doctor refuses, find another docto ... Show Full Comment

12/5/2008 11:44:48 AM

Reviewer: ang4bill, 45-54 Male on Treatment for 1 to less than 2 years (Caregiver)

Comment:
My partner has used this for a year or more at first he could barely walk or use his hands, it has really helped in that respect but lately he has been intolerence.This a big change and totally not himself.He get very angry and people really can't talk to him, this is compounded my daily stress from work or lifes daily task.

12/4/2008 10:46:29 PM

Reviewer: 19-24 Female on Treatment for 2 to less than 5 years (Patient)

Comment:
I've been on this medication for several years now. I stopped it once but my symptoms came back rapidly. In my case it does not work on its own and I take it with enbrel. I don't like the side effects but they're necessary for the help it gives me and not as bad as how I would be without it. I'm tired all the time and have hair loss (and I'm only 21).

12/4/2008 5:06:15 PM

Reviewer: dmorris, 65-74 Female on Treatment for 1 to 6 months (Patient)

Comment:
1st treatment tried from a specist.worked from the 2nd week. tried clexabrex that did o from regular Dr.

11/29/2008 10:13:03 AM

Reviewer: Lena, 55-64 Female on Treatment for 1 to less than 2 years (Patient)

Comment:
I really dislike the hair thinning. It is more thinning than loss. Fatigue is major side effect. I think the shot of depomedrol that I get 3 times a year helps the best. Not sure if I want to stay on this long term. Pain in joints has decreased but not sure if I really need this long term.

How to keep flares at bay.
spinal compression fracture