Find Information About:

Drugs & Supplements

Pill Identifier

Pill Identifier

Having trouble identifying your pills?

Get Started
My Medicine

My Medicine

Get Started

WebMD Health Experts and Community

• Second Opinion

Second Opinion

Read expert perspectives on popular health topics.

• Community

Community

Connect with people like you, and get expert guidance on living a healthy life.

Get Answers

Sign up to receive WebMD's award-winning content delivered to your inbox.

Read user comments about the side effects, benefits, and effectiveness of Armour Thyroid oral.

10/27/2008 7:05:49 AM

Reviewer: sunny, 55-64 Female on Treatment for 1 to 6 months (Patient)

Comment:
I take 2 tabs in the morning and 1 tab in the afternoon, but have problems remembering the pm one. Also, I'm not having any luck finding the method I'm to take it; I've been taking it on an empty stomach 1/2 hour before and after I eat. That's the problem with the pm doseage. Is this the way I'm supposed to take it? I can't seem to find that infor anywhere. It has defininte ... Show Full Comment

10/26/2008 12:17:51 PM

Reviewer: LeeAnn, 55-64 Female on Treatment for less than 1 month (Patient)

Comment:
It worked right away. Unfortunately, it also sent my blood pressure skyrocketing. I talked to my pharmacist and said do not take any more of it until you talk to your doctor---high blood pressure is a serious side effect of Armour----in my research I see it has T3 and T4 and the T3 is 4 times as active as T4---levothyroxine did NOT cause high blood pressure

10/8/2008 12:20:50 AM

Reviewer: 19-24 Female on Treatment for 5 to less than 10 years (Patient)

Comment:
I'm 24 and have used this drug for almost 10 years. All the other drugs did not keep my levels within normal ranges. This has been a good option for me. Other than how disgusting it smells, it is a great drug.

8/26/2008 2:21:07 AM

Reviewer: 19-24 Female on Treatment for 2 to less than 5 years (Patient)

Comment:
I tried synthroid and levothyroxin for several years and while it normally kept my thyroid levels within normal range none of the symptoms associated with the disease were alleviated. As I continued to sleep ridiculous amounts, was consistently cold, and continued gainin weight in addition to various other symptoms I decided to try Armour after my mom had successful results with it and have been a ... Show Full Comment

8/25/2008 8:34:38 PM

Reviewer: Arlene, 35-44 Female on Treatment for 5 to less than 10 years (Patient)

Comment:
I was on Levoxyl as well as Synthroid for many years until someone told me about Armour..I found a doctor that perscribed it for me...it was great!!! but the pharmacy told me that it was discontinued...can someone please tell me is it is....I'm actually scared...I don't want to feel bad again...