Read user comments about the side effects, benefits, and effectiveness of Patanol ophthalmic.

10/20/2009 10:36:02 AM

Reviewer: MendAngel, 45-54 Female on Treatment for 1 to 6 months (Patient)

Comment:
    I was scripted this med by my eye doctor after my regular visits for eyeglasss; it is expensive and my co-pay was $40, but it was the best $40 investment I've ever made for my health. I had been suffering with a (yet undetermined) allergy for years and this provided the relief I so desperately needed. Incidently, I had tried OTC eyedrops and have determined that THEY are a waste of money.

6/30/2009 9:28:10 PM

Reviewer: Kathy, 45-54 Female on Treatment for less than 1 month (Patient)

Comment:
    My Doctor recommended Patanol because he said that my eyes looked red. It is too expensive. My co-pay was $50.00 This medicine caused blurred vision and also my upper eyelids were puffy. I had much whether have slightly red eyes than have blurred vision and puffy lids. I did not like Patanol and thought it was a waste of money!

6/15/2009 5:51:50 PM

Reviewer: Patanol user, 55-64 Female on Treatment for 5 to less than 10 years (Patient)

Comment:
    The last 3 days of use, I have developed severe dry eyes. I have had to discontinue use of Patanol and use OTC eye drops to lubricate my eyes about every 30 -60 minutes depending upon my activity. This is a great disappointment to me as the drug has been very effective for many years and also I have to pay full price for it and my hayfever season has just started. $80 wasted!

5/6/2009 4:24:28 PM

Reviewer: Polly, 55-64 Female (Patient)

Comment:

Condition: Allergic Conjunctivitis
    4/28/2009 10:02:07 PM

Reviewer: PharmaDoc, 45-54 Male on Treatment for 1 to 6 months (Caregiver)

Comment:
    My FP prescribed Patanol after I complained of severe itching,scratchiness and moderate pain. I went to pick it up at the drugstore and the copay was $35.00 so I cannot imagine what the cost to the insuror is. I bought Clear Eyes ACR and took Claritin generic tablets and the toatl cost was $11.59. I had great relief and saved alot of money. Oh, by the way I am also a pharmacist who knows drugs ... Show Full Comment