Read user comments about the side effects, benefits, and effectiveness of Niaspan Extended-Release Oral.

11/7/2007 2:53:47 AM

Reviewer: 35-44 Female on Treatment for 1 to 6 months (Patient)

Comment:
The medication does what it is supposed to do but the burning itching sensation that i wake up with every night well i can't hardly stand. I have been on med now for several months and is getting worse instead of better. Never had trouble with any of that either until i had beeen on med for 4 months. Ruins my sleep how healthy can that be

10/29/2007 1:38:23 PM

Reviewer: dbail32, 55-64 Male on Treatment for 1 to less than 2 years (Patient)

Comment:
I have been on this med. for over a year and on occasion, I still flush and itch. usually when others are around. Of course when I am rubbing my ankles together and they look at me as if I were on drugs, opps, I am. Overall, this has been ok for me.

10/29/2007 2:58:46 AM

Reviewer: 25-34 Female on Treatment for less than 1 month (Patient)

Comment:
The first time I took this drug I itched all over. The itching discontinued after several minutes (maybe the aspirin helped?)Then it didn't occur on subsequent doses...until I forgot to take it for several days. When I began taking it again, I had severe itching and hives the first night which subsided within an hour. We'll see what happens tomorrow...

10/28/2007 10:16:47 PM

Reviewer: mycal777, 55-64 Male on Treatment for less than 1 month (Patient)

Comment:
I took it for the first time tonight.The flushing scared me but seemed to go away.I itch everywhere and have developed small bumps or hives from it.his will be the first and last time i take it.

10/26/2007 9:03:50 AM