Read user comments about the side effects, benefits, and effectiveness of Arimidex oral.

3/22/2014 7:24:00 PM

Reviewer: me in pain, 65-74 Female on Treatment for 1 to less than 2 years (Patient)

Comment:
I have been taking this medication for 1 year. I had a lumpectomy and 19 radiation treatments. My cancer was 9 mm. I have had many side effects such as dizziness, bone pain, extreme weakness in my arms, sleepless nights, general exhaustion, tingling and numbness in my toes and fingers. My radiology oncologist said I should not be feeling this way. I am going to consult my surgeon and consider ano ... Show Full Comment

3/10/2014 4:39:39 PM

Reviewer: Cece, 55-64 Female on Treatment for 6 months to less than 1 year (Patient)

Comment:
Lumpectomy & radiation 2/13 for stage 1, from beginning, lethary, very dry skin, loss of hair, nausea, dizziness along with extreme over all joint pain that greatly interferred w/sleep. Oncologist told me to cease taking for month & re-evaluate. So far 2 weeks in & more joint pain. Dr. said I could possibly take Tamoxifin. I feel constantly terrible!

2/25/2014 4:20:33 PM

Reviewer: Paloma, 55-64 Female on Treatment for 6 months to less than 1 year (Patient)

Comment:
I've been on Arimidex for about 6 months after a lumpectomy, chemo and radiation. At first everything was fine, but as time goes on my toes get number, my head sweats excessivly with the least amount of exertion (making the bed?) or slight elevation of temperature and I'm getting more muscle aches. Not ready to quit, but if things keep getting worse, I'll consider it.

11/5/2013 2:05:31 AM

Reviewer: 55-64 Female on Treatment for 1 to less than 2 years (Patient)

Comment:
In November 2011 I was diagnosed with Stage 3 inflammatory breast cancer in my left breast. I had 3 months of chemo. In April 2012 I had a mastechomy. From March 2012 thru July 2012 I had 30 treatments of radiation. I have been on Arimidex for 1 year and 2 months. I am 61 but I feel like 80. I am exhausted all the time. I have trouble going to sleep and staying asleep. I never get a good night' ... Show Full Comment

10/25/2013 12:29:53 PM

Reviewer: kat, 55-64 Female on Treatment for 2 to less than 5 years (Patient)

Comment:
Took Arimidex after a small breast cancer tumor (stage 1) was found on a mammogram. Had issues with tingling in my fingers. Very dry skin and hair. Issues with vitamin D levels being too low. THEN, metastatic breast cancer developed. Cancer spread to my lungs and liver after about 4 years of taking Arimidex. It didn't work.