Find Information About:

Drugs & Supplements

Pill Identifier

Pill Identifier

Having trouble identifying your pills?

Get Started
My Medicine

My Medicine

Get Started

WebMD Health Experts and Community

• Second Opinion

Second Opinion

Read expert perspectives on popular health topics.

• Community

Community

Connect with people like you, and get expert guidance on living a healthy life.

Get Answers

Sign up to receive WebMD's award-winning content delivered to your inbox.

Read user comments about the side effects, benefits, and effectiveness of Synvisc intra-articular.

1/13/2016 7:10:49 PM

Reviewer: 65-74 on Treatment for 2 to less than 5 years (Patient)

Comment:
For the first 2 years of injections, I was pain free. Now I had another one and I have never been in so much pain in my life! I should've been in the hospital because I couldn't take care of myself. I couldn't walk without a walker and then it was still so painful I just cried and moaned. Painkiller didn't help, couldn't sleep, so much pain. Dr said after several injections thi ... Show Full Comment

11/29/2015 2:17:31 PM

Reviewer: 55-64 Female on Treatment for 1 to 6 months (Patient)

Comment:
I had my third Synvis shot on Nov 16 2015. My life is been a horrible ever since I have severe muscle cramps severe pain behind my knee sciatic nerve pain severe headaches and overall I have to say this is been a nightmare . My first shot was in early October then I waited four weeks my second shot was around November 1 and the last shot November 16 the pain I have now has pworsen after my surg ... Show Full Comment

10/22/2015 3:13:32 PM

Reviewer: Dissappointed in Synvisc, 55-64 Female on Treatment for less than 1 month (Patient)

Comment:
I had Synvisc injection in both knees, went home and iced my knees for 48 hours and was also careful to have minimum use for 48 hours. The shots did not help, my knees are more sore than before the injections and I have also had increasing muscle pain in my thigh, especially the back of my left thigh which had a large bruise after the shot. I feel that the doctor missed my joint and injected it in ... Show Full Comment

8/27/2015 10:42:25 PM

Reviewer: 45-54 Female on Treatment for 2 to less than 5 years (Patient)

Comment:
First series of injections 4+ years ago in both knees. Not 100% completely pain free, but significantly better than before injections. STill have some relief in right knee. Left knee relief lasted until about 6 months or so ago Started new series in left knee today, due to increased pain and decreased function from severe arthritis.

8/15/2014 5:19:17 PM

Reviewer: 35-44 Female on Treatment for 6 months to less than 1 year (Patient)

Comment:
I'm sure I would have already been on my way to knee surgery #7 if not for these injections. The first round lasted 9 months and I just finished my second round. I'm more than happy to get these injections in leiu of having another knee surgery right now.